Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Default Re: Armalite will not refuse LE/Govt sales....says vote people out of office

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    One thing to keep in mind...

If manufacturers keep growing on this awesome list, there will eventually be a void in the "local LE and gov" market.

Al
    Not to mention that maybe that'll free up a little inventory for the rest of us.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

Default Re: Armalite will not refuse LE/Govt sales....says vote people out of office

Well Armalite really hasn't learned anything. Another "clarification" from the president:

ArmaLite Continues Support to Law Enforcement Officers

Beginning last week ArmaLite was subjected to a flurry of inquiries about whether ArmaLite would refuse to sell its firearms in New York State in reaction to the legislature’s surprise passage of the worst firearm regulations in the country. In an unannounced move the legislature passed a law that bans possession of many firearms and renders virtually all rifle and pistol magazines illegal. That little detail alone leaves their owners either in violation of the law or holders of single-shot rifles and pistols. It was a dictatorial act of one-party rule . . .

I advised that I had established a policy almost two decades ago that held that ArmaLite would not sell to a state government that denied ownership of firearms to the honorable citizens of the state.

But I advised that I would, (as during the earlier “Assault Weapon Ban” by the way) continue to sell to individual Police officers and to Sheriff’s and other departments that support private ownership.

We have been contacted by a group of respondents opposing the purchase of rifles by Police officers and supportive law enforcement organizations in New York. Wholesale abandonment of even the good law enforcement officers of New York state has become a litmus test for some and cannot be in the interest of gun owners or manufacturers.
    But that’s no more proper than the cries of those who would take away the rights of gun owners, and disregards the fact that the majority of Police officers are themselves gun owners. Many of them frequent AR15.com.

When I was a Police officer I was required to purchase my own pistol, rifle, and shotgun. The same is true of many Police officers today. We at ArmaLite observe that the majority of our rifles now used by Police officers were purchased by the officers themselves. I will not abandon them because of the actions of their State legislators. I will support them to the extent allowed by law.

I appreciate the support of those thoughtful citizens that understand the principle of avoiding dealings with political institutions and leaders who would violate our Second Amendment rights while supporting the rank and file and the good officials who support us all.
    He's obviously missed the whole point. This is not about stopping sales per se. This is about only selling LE what is legal for civilians.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Waldershrek View Post
    Well Armalite really hasn't learned anything. Another "clarification" from the president:

He's obviously missed the whole point. This is not about stopping sales per se. This is about only selling LE what is legal for civilians.
    Yep. LEOs and Citizens (aren't LEOs *supposed* to be Citizens?) MUST STAND TOGETHER!

By enabling LEOs in New Yoяto circumvent the laws governing Citizens, and continue purchasing from Armalite, they are AIDING the Anti-Constitution Legislators in NY drive a WEDGE between Citizens in a DIVIDE AND CONQUER move!

Pay attention, Armalite: I wouldn't be surprised if Pro-Constitution LEOs and Department STOP BUYING from you, too!

Funny thing about those who GUARD the LINE daily...they DESPISE those who betray them! Betraying the Constitution and its Citizens is JUST THAT!

Order will be RESTORED to NY at some point. We the People AND THEY will REMEMBER your BETRAYAL...
    I Dial 1911

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Butler County)

You can translate that into:

"We will sell to LEOs in oppressive states one at a time rather than as a department, so we can tell you we are supporting your rights and not lose a dime in business."

Eff Armalite.

(Montgomery County)

Unless these LEOs plan to defect, give up their jobs, risk punishment and financial hardship then I don't consider them on our side.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213