Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Angry Hi Cap Mag Restriction In Philly??????

I was ordering a few things from CheaperThanDirt.com and noticed something new. Apparently, they are no longer permitted to ship high capacity magazines to Philadelphia. More specifically, it stated that they are not allowed to sell magazines with a higher capacity than 10 via internet and ship them to a Philadelphia address. Does anyone know what's up with this?

(Bucks County)

Completely false. (False that it's the law -- true that CTD has mistakenly adopted this policy).

Instead, give your business to:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/
    Last edited by dgg9; May 6th, 2006 at 01:29 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankR
    I was ordering a few things from CheaperThanDirt.com and noticed something new. Apparently, they are no longer permitted to ship high capacity magazines to Philadelphia. More specifically, it stated that they are not allowed to sell magazines with a higher capacity than 10 via internet and ship them to a Philadelphia address. Does anyone know what's up with this?
    Absolutely false, I carry a 15 round G19 daily and have in the past carried a 20 round FN57.

One important thing to remember is that if it's not illegal at the state level, it can't be illegal at the local level due to PA's pre-emption laws.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

Talking

Thanks, guys. I also carry a hi cap mag daily and was just nervous about the restriction they had posted about shipping to Philly. Thanks for the info D, I just ordered several mags from cdnninvestments.com.Talk about reasonable deals; I even odered three mags for my son's Berretta Neos .22! They were almost $10.00 per mag cheaper than anyone else.

(Montgomery County)

This is not true!

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. However, we have since adjusted our policy to allow high-cap mags to be shipped to Philadelphia. There is a city ordinance that supposedly prohibits these mags and that was the information we used to implement our policy. However, we later found out that state law prohibits local legislation from countering any state law. And therefore, these mags were removed from our restricted list (this happened about three weeks ago).

Thank you for your interest in Cheaper Than Dirt and we hope that we will be given the opportunity to serve you.

Rick Sykes
    Call Center Manager
    Cheaper Than Dirt!
    2524 NE Loop 820
    Fort Worth, TX 76106
    rick@cheaperthandirt.com

(Chester County)

Thanks Rick, I can't imagine how difficult it must be to keep track of all of the gun laws in this country.

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply, Rick. I have been shopping with CTD for years and almost lost faith. I have counted on CTD as being "my go to guys" for a long time and hated the thought that I could no longer count on them.

I purchased my first AR-15 (Bushmaster XM15 ES2) today and will be ordering the required accessories (toys) from you guys very soon.

Again, thanks for keeping us in Philly supplied!

(Lycoming County)

it is a state law i believe that a county or city may not have a law that differs' from the set state law.

(Bucks County)

I just went on to the CTD site a few minutes ago looking for H&K mags and it seems that the restriction is still up. Did I miss something? I thought it was taken care of?

Took a screen cap to show I am not crazy. ;-)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...Xz/CTDMags.jpg
    Last edited by zXzGrifterzXz; July 27th, 2006 at 02:41 AM.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
    Zombie Squad Member

(Philadelphia County)

You're deifinitely not going crazy. I checked the site and it seems like an error. The H&K hi cap mags seem to be the only one that have Philly listed as restricted. I checked most of the other brands and Philly is not referenced on the restricted list. I would make the call to CTD and ask for sure, but I'm sure it is just an oversight.
    An armed society is a polite society

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast