Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Courting firearm manufacturers to relocate to PA?

How would one go about encouraging our state to get some of these firearm manufacturers to relocate to Pennsylvania? I was driving past the old Bethlehem Steel plant and was thinking how it'd be great if some new manufacturer like Magpul could set up shop down there. I bet there'd be a lot of tax breaks and the such that PA could throw at a company like that if they'd bring in jobs and even more tax dollars.

Who do we write? Congressperson? Local rep? Mayor? Our state is already the potato chip capital of the nation (Herrs, Utz, Snyders, etc) so why not the firearm capital of the nation?

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Courting firearm manufacturers to relocate to PA?

With Casey for Gun Bans And Toomey backpedaling. What would be the incentive?

(Juniata County)

I've message and posted on the Governors facebook account, and asked what the plans were to encourage them to move to the Commonwealth. No response. Maybe we should start asking in our letters...

(Jefferson County)

Unfortunately Pennsylvania isn't as corporate friendly as many other states are when it comes to taxes, incentives, and regulations. I doubt we would get any company to come to PA.

Just look at Remington's production, its location in Ilion NY isn't that far from PA, but they have had close to 200 years of business life that they could have moved just 120 miles to PA. ....they instead moved their corporate office to North Carolina and kept production in Ilion NY.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Unfortunately Pennsylvania isn't as corporate friendly as many other states are when it comes to taxes, incentives, and regulations. I doubt we would get any company to come to PA.

Agreed, and the political climate could easily change given the demographics in Philly & Pgh, and the sheer number of voters in those two locations. PA is already a left-leaning stooge for the Dems in presidential elections.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Philadelphia County)

I would love if a larger manufacture settled down in PA.

I think we need to all do our part calling, emailing about not passing any gun laws/bans. If a company sees that the people would stand behind them in the fight we become a more appealing place to relocate.
    "No, I am not a great shot, but I shoot often" - Teddy Roosevelt

(Northampton County)

Good point. I forgot why all the jobs were leaving PA!

Yeah, maybe it's best they stay out!

Would have been cool if say Remington could turn Bethlehem Steel's ruins into a new factory. Arsenal of democracy and all.

(Juniata County)

Post Re: Courting firearm manufacturers to relocate to PA?

I feel that a sound way to help the budget of the Commonwealth & expand the tax base by making our State more welcoming to many business.

We should be lowering our high corporate tax rate, to attract business from nearby high tax States.

Additional we should offer short term tax rates to companies who move their corporate headquarters or manufacturing to Pennsylvania.

Lastly, we should focus heavily on industries that other, nearby States have been very hostile to recently. Pennsylvania is the northern most State with reasonable Firearms laws. Since many of the older (and best known) firearms and ammunition manufacturers in the country are location in New England States, or New York, now is the time to show that Pennsylvanians support the Constitution, and their profession.

This could bring hundreds, if not thousands of Jobs to the Commonwealth. Jobs that our State needs, and that attract responsible, law abiding, tax paying, Citizens. We Pennsylvanians must maintain the literacy of our Commonwealth Constitution, and remember Article I Section 21 states "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

__________________________________________________ ______________
    My letter to my Commonwealth Reps

(Schuylkill County)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by knight0334
    What about Keystone Opportunity Zones (KOZs)?

http://www.newpa.com/business/expans...ortunity-zones

might want to mention KOZ zones in your courting.