DearXXXXXKC
I recently received an email/correspondence from you regarding the protection of 2nd Amendment rights. You can be assured that as a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, I will be very protective against any legislation that I judge as violating the spirit of that law. We must be vigilant against any gun-control measures that merely create an illusion that passing a specific law will solve all our problems; and with that passage we can feel safe and secure that the “bad guys”, the evil people, the people with mental illness will not be able to “carry out” their tragic plans of death, pain and human suffering. There has always been, and forever will be, debate about the constitution, our freedoms, and our protections of our country. It is one of those things that make our country and its citizens so unique in the greatest government ever created.
However, during this time of challenge to the 2nd Amendment, we must increase our resolve to protect that “right”, but at the same time realize that emotions run high when lives are extinguished, hearts are broken, desires to explain these tragedies are insatiable, and some type of punishment is demanded. This is human nature and those emotions are evident and understandable in all of us when we think of all those poor children, all their parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters and neighbors (etc.) who have a huge hole in their hearts that no one on earth can ever fill. Only God can help them with that most horrible infliction. We must give them their time and space for mourning, healing and conversation with God. We must grant time for those emotions to run their course; it is part of human nature.
When it comes to a proper time for clear and guided debate, the proponents and opponents will meet and most likely clash. There is always a time and place for the emotions of our human nature to “play-out”. There is time for sorrow of the heart and time for the zeal to promote or oppose a cause. Let us do the “American thing”. Let us give each their time. It’s the American way. Note: I am a supporter of the 2nd Amendment. I will protect it.

Sincerely,
Senator Randy Vulakovich
40th Senatorial District