Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Shydas Gun shop and Gander Mountain Harrisburg

Just reporting back on the two gun shops I visited today.

First with Gander Mountain in Harrisburg. I went in looking for something just about as small as my kel tec p11 but something a bit nicer. I spoke with a gentleman there named Phil i believe (in his late 40's early 50's). A++++ service I was set on getting a Glock 26 and he took the entire gun apart and showed me every single nut and bolt on it. Once i told him Ganders Price for the Gun was out of my range, then then pulled a list of used Glock 26's in the company. He called about 5 stores while I waited, he could of took my number and could of called me back. But instead of helping other customers that were waiting he continued to help me. Although we had no luck at any of the stores we called for the glock 26's (399.99) used. He even tired calling some more stores after I left and gave me a ring on my cell phone stating that he was still trying to call other stores, but the outlook wasnt good. We need more salesmen like this guy. If Phil is a member here A++ job sir. On whatever my next purchase may be, Phil will be one of the first people I stop in and see.

Secondly, Shydas in Lebanon. Soooo I I ended up getting a Smith and Wesson M&P 9c. Although before i made the trip from Harrisburg, I called ahead of time, I spoke with a saleman named James on the phone, and I was trying to get prices and stock before i went out, he gave me the prices on what i was asking for. The prices that I got for the Smith and Wesson 9c ranged from (560.00 @gander to 470.00@shydas) So i pack up and head out with the intention of buy two guns. I get to the store and walk in, and a salesman greets me right away, and I stated that i had called about 45 min ago about XXX. He says well let me show you them @ this point im still torn between the glock 26 and the 9c, he then tell me that S&W has a 50.00 rebate on and 2 free mags...sold. Now i wanted to get a .22 handgun to take to range with me so my lady would have something to shoot. I looked at the walther p22's and the SIG's. Ended up getting the SIG in .22 (if just felt like it was put together nicer). So it ends up being James the whole time (guy from phone) and they run PICS and so forth everything is good, some other guys come and and i talk to another sales associate for a min about gas prices very friendly atmosphere. Their prices on the SIG and walther were even lower than other shops i have called (quoted anywhere from 389.00 265.00 @shydas for the p22's) and (anywhere from 279.00 @ shydas to 410.00 for the SIGS). So seemed like a winner to me both places quoted me the lowest prices out fo the maybe 6-8 other shops i called or visited locally. Overall shydas was a good experience and I will return possibly on future purchases. A+

Default Re: Shydas Gun shop and Gander Mountain Harrisburg

I buy A LOT from shyda's.

Gander Mountain, well, that store just plain sucks. Period. The only gun I bought from GM, was my mini 14 a little while back.

(Lancaster County)

I also buy alot from Shyda's...they have good prices on cleaning supplies too!

(Dauphin County)

I just stopped back from bass pro shops to check prices jsut for the heck of it and they wanted 429.99 for the SIG .22 and 589.99 for the smith and Wesson 9c. Im happy that i bought from shydas.

is phil the russian accent sounding guy?? if so then i got my 38 from him last year

(Lebanon County)

i purchase a good bit of ammo from shyda's. spend enough in the clothing barn as well.
    never purchased a firearm from them, most likely will not either.
    when they have surplus stuff, they pull top dollar on it.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Lebanon County)

I travel a good bit and am able to visit shops in a lot of towns, Shyda's is as good as any,and better that most, selection, service, priced right from the git go. Bought a Ruger MK III last Wed there.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by em2b96p View Post
    is phil the russian accent sounding guy?? if so then i got my 38 from him last year
    You're probably thinking of Matt, he's Swedish. And a good shot.

(Centre County)

Shyda's is the best gun shop I've ever been to. I never buy anywhere else and always recommend them to everyone who's looking for something. Great selection and a nice shop. Most importantly, everyone there has always treated me well. At a time when customer service seems to be disappearing, I'll always go the extra mile (or 40) to give my money to people who treat a customer well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast