Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Whatever happened to?...

What ever happened to GI Joes? They're one of the toys that I have fond memories of from my childhood. When I went to buy some for a gift for a family member I couldnt find any for sale anywhere. I remember that you used to be able to find them at practically any store that sold toys. Now that I really looked, I didnt see really anything that was even realistically similar. Hmmmm how times have changed.
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

Default Re: Whatever happened to?...

Quote Originally Posted by BandanaBandit1 View Post
    What ever happened to GI Joes? They're one of the toys that I have fond memories of from my childhood. When I went to buy some for a gift for a family member I couldnt find any for sale anywhere. I remember that you used to be able to find them at practically any store that sold toys. Now that I really looked, I didnt see really anything that was even realistically similar. Hmmmm how times have changed.
    lol I said almost same in aother thread

(Monroe County)

Kids don't want GI Joe's anymore. They don't want Barbie dolls, or little red Radio Flyer wagons, or Matchbox cars, or Legos. Instead, they want tablets and cellphones and laptops. They want computer games that do all the imagining for them. They want pictures of their preteen classmates naked to be texted to their cellphones. They want the most Facebook "friends" that they don't even know, and the most Twitter followers.

They don't want to go camping anymore. They'd rather paint tags on bridges and rob little old ladies of their Bingo money.

The days of going outside and imagining a fantasy world with whatever happens to be handy are over. Welcome to the future. Isn't it great?
    Last edited by snakeman21; February 13th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
    Everyone should have an AK-47

kids and action figures def are on the decline... its now-adays all about video-games!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman21 View Post
    Kids don't want GI Joe's anymore. They don't want Barbie dolls, or little red Radio Flyer wagons, or Matchbox cars, or Legos. Instead, they want tablets and cellphones and laptops. They want computer games that do all the imagining for them. They want pictures of their preteen classmates naked to be texted to their cellphones. They want the most Facebook "friends" that they don't even know, and the most Twitter followers.

They don't want to go camping anymore. They'd rather paint tags on bridges and rob little old ladies of their Bingo money.

The days of going outside and imagining a fantasy world with whatever happens to be handy are over. Welcome to the future. Isn't it great?

So true it's honestly sad. Don't get me wrong I love my share of electronics, but there was nothing better when I was kid to be outside on my bike or playing something all day. Being no where at all and still feeling like I could do anything I wanted, or be anywhere I wanted. Imagination I fear is gonna be nonexistent in the future. The worst part about it is all the kids natural creativity potential cannot be met as they grow older.

I really wish they'd just slow down a bit. I know I'm younger as well but when I look at my gf's 12 year old sister, and she's telling me about a girl in her class that's pregnant something's wrong.

Hell I was pissed when my sister gave my 7 year old niece a tablet for Christmas last year.

I need to get me a 22 and take them all shooting, see if I could atleast get them into that.

Btw the GI joe movie didn't help IMO it could have been a lot better. Hopefully the new one will be better.
    Last edited by lhowland.40; February 13th, 2013 at 02:38 PM.

(Monroe County)

If you decide the human race is not over and all childhoods are not screwed because of the continued advent of technology then you can use that same technology to got to the internet. The figures can be found for good prices at amazon, toygarden.com and several others. However, be careful as you don't want to run into someone older who doesn't understand why you need a plastic figure to play and the lack of imagination it shows lets us know the future is doomed.

(Bucks County)

GI Joes now have boobs.

And the accessories contain an ammo truck and a tampon truck.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Montgomery County)

Action figures are so last millennium .

The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    Action figures are so last millennium .

modern toys adults get to enjoy and not look like little kids...right? heh. guess im trying to convince myself, again.

(Northampton County)

This is part of why kids are so overweight anymore. they don't go outside and play like we all used to, and i am only 30.... They would rather do all the things already listed (PC, tablets, cell phones, nothing active)
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast