Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default AIM order problem.

I ordered a Bulgarian 440 7.62x54R spam can of ammo last week and now I just received the following E-Mail:

Quote Originally Posted by AIM Surplus
    Dear Christopher:

Thank you for your recent order. We would like to inform you that there was a problem processing order XXXX. The reason for the problem is:

Your ID is not on file. A government-issued ID with your name and date of birth on it (i.e. a driver's license) is required to be mailed, faxed, or emailed in before we can process and ship your order.

Please note that your credit card has yet to be charged, and that in its current status, your order is not holding inventory.
    I am a bit confused by the "Not Holding Inventory"statement. Does that mean they're saving me a can of ammo or what? The stuff sold out so I am concerned. My primary concern is the asking of photo ID. I ordered ammo online before and never remember having to give it for ammo. I guess this is normal for AIM?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: AIM order problem.

you need to have an ID on file with AIM its their policy...you most likely lost that ammo now since they dont hold inventory...aka the ammo is sold out aka your not getting it since your place in line was taken by someone who read and followed the directions

tough one, but read the rules on their website on ordering ammo/guns

(Bucks County)

By purchasing from AIM Surplus either online or over the phone, you affirm that you:

•Are a U.S. citizen
    •Have never been convicted of a felony or crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year
    •Have never been adjudicated as mentally defective or been committed to a mental institution
    •Have never been a fugitive from justice, an unlawful user of any controlled substance
    •Have never been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces
    •Have never renounced his or her US citizenship
    •Have never been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
    •Are not currently subject to a court order that restrains you from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child.
    It is our company policy to sell ammunition and firearms to properly-licensed US citizens only.

You will be asked to agree to these terms and submit a government issued identification verifying your age to be at least 21 years BEFORE the order will be processed.

Submit a copy of a government issued identification to prove your age is at least 21 years. This i.d. should be submitted before or with your order.

•The identification only has to be submitted with your first order. We will maintain a date of birth record on file sufficient for subsequent orders.
    •The i.d. may be emailed, mailed or faxed.
    •Orders for ammunition will NOT be shipped without proper identification and your confirmation to the above eligibility requirements
    •Some states like Illinois and New Jersey require their residents to present a copy of a firearms/ammunition owners identification card when purchasing.
    •Feel free to contact us by phone or email if you want to make sure your appropriate licensing is already on record

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I ordered a Bulgarian 440 7.62x54R spam can of ammo last week and now I just received the following E-Mail:

I am a bit confused by the "Not Holding Inventory"statement. Does that mean they're saving me a can of ammo or what? The stuff sold out so I am concerned. My primary concern is the asking of photo ID. I ordered ammo online before and never remember having to give it for ammo. I guess this is normal for AIM?
    For AIM, you must submit a copy of your valid drivers license and they must have it on file for you to order ammo. Your order not holding inventory simply means that your order was voided and that anything included in your order will not ship to you.
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BandanaBandit1 View Post
    For AIM, you must submit a copy of your valid drivers license and they must have it on file for you to order ammo. Your order not holding inventory simply means that your order was voided and that anything included in your order will not ship to you.
    Its not that his order was voided...it was just held (not the ammo, but his order) until the recieved a copy of his DL...it just so happens there is no ammo in stock for them to fill his order at this point after

ive dealt with AIM a lot

(York County)

Yeah. AIM is a PITA. If you want it bad, call them and bitch. If you don't want it that bad, tell them you're pissed they didn't save any for you.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by khankewycz View Post
    Yeah. AIM is a PITA. If you want it bad, call them and bitch. If you don't want it that bad, tell them you're pissed they didn't save any for you.
    Ya thats not going to do anything or are they really going to care that he didnt follow their rules...its cleary stated on their website....once your info is on file its never an issue

(Pike County)

Yeah I never ordered from AIM before and it didn't prompt me to share my driver license info with them, now I guess I am screwed out of my ammo. Thanks though for letting me know before I called them and got put on hold for eternity, that would have pissed me off.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Yeah I never ordered from AIM before and it didn't prompt me to share my driver license info with them, now I guess I am screwed out of my ammo. Thanks though for letting me know before I called them and got put on hold for eternity, that would have pissed me off.
    Actually you would probably get right through...ya it does suck about their policy and its not stated when checking out or anything but its apart of their "how do i buy ammo" "how do i buy guns"

(Pike County)

I actually just called AIM and got right through, I told the guy what happened and they let me know more of this ammo is coming in a couple of days. So if I send them my information I should have my ammo by next week. I am not picking up my Nagant until next Friday so this works for me. This turned out much better than I expected, I will just shoot them my information when I get home.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast