Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Concerned for a friend

A female friend of mine has a boyfriend who is a serious piece of shit. She casually mentioned that they were having a fight last night and he went to walk away from her and when she reached for his arm, he threatened to throw her out the window. THEN, here's the best part, he's dumb enough to think that killing her would be SELF DEFENSE because she reached for his arm! HE ACTUALLY TOLD HER THAT! She would have told me if she had kicked him in the balls or slapped him or said something really fucked up because I HATE, HATE, HATE him and and she knows it would make me happy but she didn't. He's just an unbelievable piece of shit. The reason I posted this on the forum is that this guy was too fucking stupid to fill out the 4473 properly a few months back (didn't read the question and checked yes on a box that disqualifies you from ownership) and the dealer wouldn't sell it to him after that. So, in some indirect way, that was an example of the system we have in place (combined with his stupidity) working and keeping someone who clearly is not stable or responsible enough to own a firearm from getting it.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Concerned for a friend

I just told her that if she doesn't go to the police, I will. I'm so fucking angry. Getting the police involved is the best way to protect her and keep myself out of prison at the same time.

(Montgomery County)

If there is an issue you should have her call the police and file a restraining order.

Glad he didnt fill out the form properly.

(Mercer County)

Sounds like your female friend is a real brain trust.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery556 View Post
    A female friend of mine has a boyfriend who is a serious piece of shit. She casually mentioned that they were having a fight last night and he went to walk away from her and when she reached for his arm, he threatened to throw her out the window. THEN, here's the best part, he's dumb enough to think that killing her would be SELF DEFENSE because she reached for his arm! HE ACTUALLY TOLD HER THAT! She would have told me if she had kicked him in the balls or slapped him or said something really fucked up because I HATE, HATE, HATE him and and she knows it would make me happy but she didn't. He's just an unbelievable piece of shit. The reason I posted this on the forum is that this guy was too fucking stupid to fill out the 4473 properly a few months back (didn't read the question and checked yes on a box that disqualifies you from ownership) and the dealer wouldn't sell it to him after that. So, in some indirect way, that was an example of the system we have in place (combined with his stupidity) working and keeping someone who clearly is not stable or responsible enough to own a firearm from getting it.
    ???

So he is NOT prohibited - just checked the wrong box?

Sounds more like his own error kept him from getting what he wanted to buy and NOT "the system".

Sounds to me like if YOU had checked the wrong box you'd be screaming bloody murder about how you are being unjustly barred from exercising your rights.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Sounds like your female friend is a real brain trust.
    I'll never understand women...

(Montgomery County)

[QUOTE=Misery556;2293056] The reason I posted this on the forum is that this guy was too fucking stupid to fill out the 4473 properly a few months back (didn't read the question and checked yes on a box that disqualifies you from ownership) and the dealer wouldn't sell it to him after that. /QUOTE]

But nothing is stopping him from going to another shop and filling it our correctly.

She needs help in getting out of this relationship.

http://www.wcspittsburgh.org/page.aspx?pid=334

http://www.womenshelters.org/cit/pa-pittsburgh

http://www.upmc.com/patients-visitor...-violence.aspx

(Bucks County)

Here's a little tidbit of knowledge that the USAF passes along during LE/SP (now Security Forces) training. When a man turns and walks away from an argument with a woman (or a man if he's one of 'those' types) it doesn't mean he is disrespecting her. It means he has made the conscious decision to NOT allow the argument to reach a physical stage. A lot of women would be well-served to learn this. A lot of women see it as weakness and then move in for the 'win'. What really surprises them is they don't get the 'win' but a black eye or a few broken bones.
    The lesson is: NEVER go after a guy who turns and walks away! He is attempting to save your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    ???

So he is NOT prohibited - just checked the wrong box?

Sounds more like his own error kept him from getting what he wanted to buy and NOT "the system".

Sounds to me like if YOU had checked the wrong box you'd be screaming bloody murder about how you are being unjustly barred from exercising your rights.
    Touche.......

But.......i think he meant it more as a what goes around comes around type of deal.
    Jules

(Allegheny County)

[QUOTE=Remington788;2293150]
    Quote Originally Posted by Misery556 View Post
    The reason I posted this on the forum is that this guy was too fucking stupid to fill out the 4473 properly a few months back (didn't read the question and checked yes on a box that disqualifies you from ownership) and the dealer wouldn't sell it to him after that. /QUOTE]

But nothing is stopping him from going to another shop and filling it our correctly.

She needs help in getting out of this relationship.

http://www.wcspittsburgh.org/page.aspx?pid=334

http://www.womenshelters.org/cit/pa-pittsburgh

http://www.upmc.com/patients-visitor...-violence.aspx
    She needs to WANT to get out of the relationship. If she's not ready to leave him, all of the help that is provided to her isn't going to matter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast