Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Online Handgun Ammo and Ammo Reloading Question

Ive spent the last 2 days trying to find some 9mm ammo for the new handgun i bought on Sunday, its my first 9mm so i dont have any stocked up. You probably know its almost impossible to get 9mm ammo right now. Gander Mountain only had the expensive self defense ammo (PDX1) and thats not at all economical to go spend the day at the range. So to end my little rant, does anyone know any websites that currently have 9mm target/practice ammo in stock?

And on another slightly related topic, how much of an investment would i be looking at to get a cheap, barebones reloading set up. Just would want everything that is a requirement and nothing that isnt necessary to the process.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Online Handgun Ammo and Ammo Reloading Question

You have to be both patient and lucky to find ammo online right now. Your best bet is your LGS. Most seem to have FMJ, and the ones I have been using to buy it have not really increased the price more than a buck a box. You may also luck into some at Walmart, and their prices are still the same as before the madness began.

(Bucks County)

Absolute minimum about $150, likely minimum about $350, can go much much higher.

Haven't looked for all the mfgs, but you'l run into the same issues with presses, dies, bullets, brass, powder, and primers that you are finding with 9mm ammo.

(York County)

Ahh i see, i guess ill just wait it out and keep calling around everyday to see when someone gets some in. The problem im really having is that the actual gun shops around me open and close right around the same time i work, so im kind of limited during the week to Walmart, Dicks, Gander, Sportsman Liquidation, and the like.

I talked to the guy at Sportsman Liquidation (as a matter of fact, i called him apparently after they closed, there was no answer, and he actually called me back to answer my question. Pretty nice CS) and asked when he was expecting a new shipment of 9mm, and he told me that he uses the same supplier as all the other sporting good stores in the area, he specifically mentioned Dicks and Gander, and that the supplier was completely out of 9mm and wasnt expecting to get more soon, so that they would all be out of 9mm for quite some time.

Guess ill try Stonybrook, Hakes, and Freedom Armory on the weekend, though i was hoping to be out at the range in the morning.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I had the same problem with .380 ammo in 2009 pretty much right after I bought the gun. $20 for a box of blazer aluminum.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Blair County)

Well even components are drying up. so unless you have primers your could be out of luck. It seems that every one has the same idea you have. Heck even common dies and cheaper reloading equipment is flying off the shelf.

(York County)

Yeah like i said im just gonna wait and keep calling everyday until i luck out. Someone from this forum is being kind enough to trade me a box of his 9mm for a box of my .40s&w, so ill at least be able to go this weekend and put the first shots through this new gun. I cant wait, it was really frustrating to buy this beautiful gun that ive been wanting for a while, and then not being able to even shoot it because i cant find any damn ammo.

(Luzerne County)

Keep an eye open at Sportsmans Liquidators if you have one close. Mine has been regularly getting .223, 9mm and some of the other hot cals albeit small quantities. You just have to hit it right with the timing. I can't find self defense loads in 9mm anywhere but I can generally find the FMJs for practice.
    The price went from 11.50ish a 2-3 months ago to 17.99 yesterday. My LGS was completely cleaned out of 9mm last week. He has been more consistent with having a range of loads available but apparently his supply has dried up too. He also has the lowest prices around and kept em low until a few weeks ago his price started creeping up due to the distributors/manufacturers.

(York County)

Yeah the guy at Sportsman Liquidators told me it would be quite some time before he had any 9mm. Like i said about he told me that his supplier was completely out and didnt know when he would be getting more, and he also said his supplier is the same person supplying most of the LGS and the sporting good shops.

If youre looking for self defense ammo, check Gander Mountain if you have one nearby. At my gander mountain, they had an entire end cap full of different self defense loads in all the major calibers, even when they had literally nothing in the way of target ammo. I might just go thursday and pick up a couple boxes of SD ammo so i can start carrying my CZ after i take it to the range on saturday.

having a heck of a time finding rcbs 9mm carbide dies. Got everything else just need that last item. Any ideas as to which vendors may this item in stock ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast