Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Reloading

(Susquehanna County)

Default Reloading

Does anyone know who does reloading in my area?
    Hallstead, Liberty township Susquehanna County.
    Thanks

(Susquehanna County)

Smile Re: Reloading

And the reason for asking ? Are you looking to learn ?

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Reloading

Well, I am thinking about it. The guy that does mine is so overwelmed, it takes so long to get anything back from him.
    I know with the way things are right now he is having trouble getting supplies, let alone keep them in stock for reloading.
    So the thought has crossed my mind about learning to do it myself. Hopefully, if it comes to that, I will be able to get what I need by then without a big hassle.

(Susquehanna County)

What calibers ? I normaly don't have a problem obtaining supplies and I stock up for the winter when I do all my reloading after testing all summer for the right load. I don't purchase on line, I have a few good suppliers with a 60 mile range and very seldom don't have an item that I need.

(Lycoming County)

Do these suppliers have bulk quantities of powder,bullets,primers,brass in stock? If so, would u give me there names? Thank u

(Susquehanna County)

Been learning to reload my own ammo the last few weeks. Have done some .44 mag and .223 as well.
    Hard part is finding componets, powder, bullets primers.
    Might find one at one place and another componet somewhere else. Online is a real empty hole lately, but Im having fun learning and while, Im spending more then saving, at least for now, its kind of cool shooting something you did yourself. Now to gat a die set for 9mm.

(Susquehanna County)

Been reloading a while now. 9mm, 223, .380, 300, 40, 45, and a few others. I never have a problem finding supplies. Everything is available online. The only cases I have a hard time finding sometimes are 45 long colt. But they are out there. and so are all other supplies. Powder is easy to find aswell. Never any issues with finding supplies.

Away to get you started in reloading is to pick up on of them Lee classic loaders. Nothing more fun then hitting a live round with a hammer. And yes it is totally safe.

Plus it is cheap until you know you can and are willing to reload your own. The Lee Class Loader is only like 45 bucks. and comes with everything you need including a fool proof dipper for powder. You never have to measure. Loads are a little on the light side but to get you started its worth a try. Cheap until you learn. You can get up to around 20 rounds a min with the loader once you get a system down.

I like to do each step. Meaning de-cap all, size and prime all, powder all, bullet and crimp on the ones that need it. I can do a few hundered in an hour.

Just a suggestion.