Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot 1 of 4 for 2013

Good Morning,

This would be my first event, and I would like to go. I have a friend in the organization I will be attending with.

-M

(Beaver County)

Too far away for me to know what I'm doing....

But I would like to meet more like minded individuals and enjoy a day at the range where I don't have to worry(as much) about idiots being unsafe at the range(cough cough Wexford Gamelands...).

I have a few questions/clarifications:

If I'm reading correctly we don't need to bring our own firearms? Just ammo to shoot in someone else's if we want to? (like I can just show up with ammo and everyone is cool with that?)

"PAFOA members that aren't club members cannot bring a guest" Does this mean I wouldn't be able to bring my girlfriend unless she made an account on here?

And just out of curiosity is the $5 fee a range fee(as in the club gets it) or does it go toward something else?

(Washington County)

Default Sign Up Sheet

since it looks like the thread is taking off:

Please click THIS LINK to add your name to the spreadsheet if you plan on attending.

It is on Google DOCS so everyone should be able to get to it.

If three people are coming you need to have 3 rows (1 row for each person)... as each person needs to have a forum name on here to attend (unless they are a member of Pittcarin Sportsmans club). Fill out the columns with an X if you can volunteer and also any details if bringing food. If you have to CANCEL (please come back to the spreadsheet and blank out your RSVP line). So edstephan has an up to date count.

PLEASE be careful as everyone has FULL EDIT capabilities. Do not wipe out the spreadsheet!
    "My Name is Earl" ;-)

(Washington County)

Wink Re: PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot 1 of 4 for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    If I'm reading correctly we don't need to bring our own firearms? Just ammo to shoot in someone else's if we want to? (like I can just show up with ammo and everyone is cool with that?)

its not designed to be a FREE rental day at the range. if you have firearms its expected you bring yours and share and others share with you ;-) for those that dont have ANY firearms then yes its cool but not cool for you to shoot 250 rounds thru my gun ... a mag or two yeah and depends on the ammo)...

"PAFOA members that aren't club members cannot bring a guest" Does this mean I wouldn't be able to bring my girlfriend unless she made an account on here?

YES if you are not a club member you MUST be a member of the forum (you will see on the sign up sheet we need your forum name. that is how you are allowed on the club grounds without a one to one guest to member ratio...

And just out of curiosity is the $5 fee a range fee(as in the club gets it) or does it go toward something else?

It goes to the club ... everyone putting on this shoot is doing it as VOLUNTEER work so be sure to thank them when you go...
    "My Name is Earl" ;-)

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    Too far away for me to know what I'm doing....

But I would like to meet more like minded individuals and enjoy a day at the range where I don't have to worry(as much) about idiots being unsafe at the range(cough cough Wexford Gamelands...).

I'm a PMSC member, so your GF can be my guest (unless you're the jealous type)

(Westmoreland County)

Will there be electric in the area for food? Just wondering if I can bring something in a crock pot.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    With the price of ammo these days, I think the time may have finally come for a bayonet stage.

I like it, now to get a bayonet.

(Allegheny County)

OMG...I haven't been to a group shoot in AGES!!! And I need to go!!! Hubster and I are planning on it, will add our names to the list and hope nothing comes up!

We went to several in the past, really enjoyed ourselves.

If you've never been, newbie or not, definitely check it out. It's a great opportunity to learn and to try a few things out (but not taking advantage, see other posts). My experience was always positive, people were friendly and helpful no matter what your level of knowledge was, and MOST IMPORTANT didn't give me the "oh you're just a chick so you must be totally clueless" treatment

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdogs View Post
    Will there be electric in the area for food? Just wondering if I can bring something in a crock pot.
    I once was MD at an IDPA shoot where the first target was engaged in a car with.....a Weedeater. Yes, it was based on a local real-life scenario.

Lycancanbringhisbowthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Allegheny County)

I signed up on the signup sheet.

I'll see if there's anything I can think of to bring (food/drink/supplies) and edit later as needed.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast