Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot 1 of 4 for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdogs View Post
    Sounds good Lycanthrope. Will it be strictly handguns or can I bring an old 22 rifle to see how it is still shooting? Sorry for the seemingly dumb questions, I'm not sure of the layout.
    The group shoots are simply an opportunity for forum members to get together and shoot in an informal (yet safe) setting.

There will be one "main range" that is roughly 35-40 yards deep where targets will be set up for rifles and handguns.
    Unfortunately, the rifle range (300yd) is located on the other side of the club, so you're limited to the short range for the group shoot. This part of the club grounds has more options for the other types of shooting, so it was decided that giving up "long range" shooting was worth the ability to have the other options available. Besides, most people are just trying out what other people brought, and less concerned with marksmanship which can be practiced any other day on their own.

There are several other shooting bays adjacent to the main range and the setup at each varies from shoot to shoot depending on who is volunteering to set them up.
    Sometimes there are steel plates to shoot and sometimes there is a "house" setup where shooters can run one at a time.

Regardless of what type of setup is found on each shooting bay, there will be a range safety officer at each one to keep an eye on things.

Several of the shooting bays have a covered "pavilion" and there are benches/tables for placing your range bags/cases.

Bring whatever you want to shoot (except full auto) and have fun.
    It's always fun to let someone shoot a gun they may have never fired before. It used to be that we would hand someone a 30 round mag, an AR15, and say "have at it", but with the ammo situation being what it is, it may be a good idea to bring some with you if you would like to shoot something specific.
    Want to shoot an AK? Bring a box of 7.62x39. Want to shoot a 9mm? Bring some with you - there will be plenty of people willing to let you shoot what they brought.

Hope that helps. I'll try and post up some pics from past shoots to give you a feel for the setup.
    Last edited by Emptymag; February 19th, 2013 at 12:26 PM.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I think I'll be there for this one, I'll bring 3 or 4 22's including the HK MP5 and Sig 522, and probably the SCAR 16.

(Washington County)

Cool Re: PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot 1 of 4 for 2013

Marking my calendar and requesting to not be on call that weekend for work. Now if I can find a shop between now and then so I can get a gun to use and a few boxes of ammo, I'll be all set. If I can't participate I'll still show up to just watch as I have never been to an IPSC event.
    if you dont get a firearm, just bring some ammo and a lot of people (if you ask nicely) and show you know how to handle a gun will let you run ammo thru their weapon.

I would suggest you not bring lead or steel case ammo (ie wolf) ammo... some people prefer not to run that thru their weapon (more to clean after).

find some 9mm or 40 or 45 ammo or 223 etc in FMJ (full metal jacket) at walmart if you can find the stuff ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Nice. I think I can make it at this point...no telling what might get added to the calender between now and then though
    wow Falcn? if we get the wonder twins and tony fly the gangs all here!!! with everyone else who said they are coming ...
    Last edited by clueless; February 19th, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
    "My Name is Earl" ;-)

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'll definitely try to make it. There were so many black rifles at the ones I went to last year, I'll bring my Garand to spice things up. Ping!

Marking my calendar and requesting to not be on call that weekend for work. Now if I can find a shop between now and then so I can get a gun to use and a few boxes of ammo, I'll be all set. If I can't participate I'll still show up to just watch as I have never been to an IPSC event.
    It would be a boring event if we all just shot our own guns; everybody shares. If you just come and say "I don't have a gun yet. I don't know what to buy; can I try yours?", everyone will be happy to let you shoot. It's a good opportunity to ask people what they like about each model. That way, you'll have a better idea what to buy.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I'll definitely try to make it. There were so many black rifles at the ones I went to last year, I'll bring my Garand to spice things up. Ping!

It would be a boring event if we all just shot our own guns; everybody shares. If you just come and say "I don't have a gun yet. I don't know what to buy; can I try yours?", everyone will be happy to let you shoot. It's a good opportunity to ask people what they like about each model. That way, you'll have a better idea what to buy.
    That's the nice thing. I've never seen anyone say "no" to sharing a gun at these group shoots.

Lycanpolitesocietythrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Allegheny County)

Sorry for the seemingly dumb questions, I'm not sure of the layout.
    with firearms involved, no question is a dumb question. Ask away, anything and everything you want to know, and we will try to answer the best we can.

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Nice. I think I can make it at this point...no telling what might get added to the calender between now and then though
    AND WHAT AM I? CHOPPED LIVER??? thats fine, it isn't like i wanted to come and hang out with everyone anyways. but, i will be different and follow this thread and maybe i will show up.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    with firearms involved, no question is a dumb question. Ask away, anything and everything you want to know, and we will try to answer the best we can.

AND WHAT AM I? CHOPPED LIVER??? thats fine, it isn't like i wanted to come and hang out with everyone anyways. but, i will be different and follow this thread and maybe i will show up.
    What if it's chilly that day?

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    What if it's chilly that day?

CWG is a cuddler.

Lycancallsdibsthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Armstrong County)

All calibers of handguns and rifles are welcome. I will be seting up something with steel for handguns, and a .22lr steel area as well as rifles on the main bay. I haven't figured what else

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    All calibers of handguns and rifles are welcome. I will be seting up something with steel for handguns, and a .22lr steel area as well as rifles on the main bay. I haven't figured what else

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan

With the price of ammo these days, I think the time may have finally come for a bayonet stage.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast