Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default If they come for your guns you will give them up.

If they come for your guns you will give them up.

You may say you won’t, but you will. What if they say that you may own just one single shot rifle? Doesn’t that satisfy the 2nd Amendment? Screw what was said in Miller.

They, and you know who they are, can change their minds and re-decide the issue and use every bit of gobblygook reasoning to justify their position. Every gun you own, other than that single shot rifle, must be turned in or you will stand the chance of losing your home, your car, your job and perhaps even your freedom. Your wife and kids will go hungry and live in misery.

How far do you think you would go if you knew that everyone you loved would suffer for your defiance? The Brits and the Aussies never believed it could happen to them, but it did.

A respected member of this forum once said that if it became a choice between his car and his guns, the car would win. What did the people in New London do after Kelo was decided? And there it was their homes that were being taken away, not some pieces of metal. They gave them up. They had no choice.

Make no mistake, each new line of controlling law that is written will be added to those already written until they become a tidal wave that will wash away your rights. It is happening already.

Article I of our constitution no longer guarantees our right to protect ourselves and our property. It might be said there but it has been watered down by a myriad of laws controlling and limiting our every action. Anyone bigger and stronger than you can literally destroy your property and you may not stop them.

You can, you say? What will happen to you if you do? Remember I said bigger and stronger Your inherent and indefeasible right to protect your property no longer exists. It has all been said here before. Lawyer fees, court, jail if you lose your case and financial ruin for the average person.

Play out all those scenarios that arise in virtually every thread concerning self defense. I hope that those of you who support complex laws never run afoul of them.

Many won’t read this far but for those of you who did, that upcoming rally in Harrisburg needs to be done. But that will be only one day. Feel good if you go but this battle must be fought with our letters and phone calls everyday.

Polls don’t help. The politicians have to hear from, not a few of us, but all of us and as many of our friends and relatives that we can convince to speak out. The days of armed resistance are long gone but our real strength is in the ballot box.

Let’s use it.
    Last edited by sgser; April 1st, 2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Spacing

Default Re: If they come for your guns you will give them up.

I remember someone from here indicating that they would "shoot it out with the SWAT team"......
    Jules

(York County)

I was just getting ready to report all my pistol were lost in the river while fishing.

Thats my answer.

Then we regroup and prepare to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online View Post
    I was just getting ready to report all my pistol were lost in the river while fishing.

Thats my answer.

Then we regroup and prepare to fight.
    It will not work. They will take your house apart. If they can't find them, they will arrest you, your wife, and your children.

Best bet is to have some warning, and be prepared to meet others at a fallback, and move on to areas with populations willing to fight.

Lacking such warning, my family has made it's decision on what we will do. Death is not permanent for the saved.

Your choice truly will be slavery, or fight.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Franklin County)

I would fight to the death. I am animate about my 2A rights. I will not give them up. My safe is good and secure, so they can have fun trying to take it. If a SWAT team bursts in my door without a legal warrant... the first one, maybe two will recieve the muzzle end of my 12 gauge. It's their choice from there. I think over time people will clump together and resisit. It may or may not work, but it never hurts to try.
    Last edited by Pro2A; March 31st, 2008 at 08:58 PM.

(Allegheny County)

"Guns? What guns?"

But I don't think this is going to happen any time soon. Just look at how CCW laws have been changing in recent year; most states are actually becoming more pro-gun:

(Lancaster County)

I think that the scenario given will not likely happen in our lifetimes

But, let's play along and pretend that a monarch took over the country and had his/her way.

What is MORE likely is that firearms would be prohibited and they would have some sort of registration scheme. Once guns were registered, owners would be notified and not a shot would be fired.

Only a fool registers a gun that isn't already registered, BTW but the type of person who would register a gun is likely to turn it over peacefully. I would bet that this definition fits 80 percent of gunowners.

It would only take one news item of a SWAT team executing a warrant on a Elmer Fudd type to get the rest to fall right in line.

Any weapons not already confiscated would hardly be a threat to the gov.org since you could not take it outside your domicile without attracting attention.

There would be no uprising, not a shot would be fired. Nobody is going to go on the offensive against their country, but defending your home against intruders is a different matter. That is why the gov.org would avoid such confrontation with any real patriots.

It would be like all those machine guns GI's brought back from WW2. Kept in the closet, lost to time. Found by the grandkids after the owner's passing who then turn it over like good citizens.

It would end with a whisper, not a bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I would fight to the death. I am animate about my 2A rights. I will not give them up. My safe is good and secure, so they can have fun trying to take it. If a SWAT team bursts in my door without a legal warrant... the first one, maybe two will recieve the muzzle end of my 12 gauge. It's their choice from there. I think over time people will clump together and resisit. It may or may not work, but it never hurts to try.
    But they WILL have a warrant. Or a declared state of emergency, with legal authority from the goverment to bust down doors and take guns. And they will most likely be shooting first and asking questions later.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

The fed doesn't have enough of people willing to do this. Those who will abide by their oath of office will not even consider taking them away, either.

I submit the following pre-existing thread on this very topic, for the search-engine challenged:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...ns-page-3.html
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast