Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: star 30 MI

(Armstrong County)

Default star 30 MI

I have a question. I just purchased a Star model 30 MI This gun is amazing i let my 10 year old daughter shoot it, the first time she ever fired a hand gun after going through safety procedures and sight picture i mean she ate the target up shot groups like you wouldn't believe . Well any ways so much for proud daddy bragging, I don't know much about make or model it looks likes the 1911 and i was wondering if it was a 1911 platform. I did find out that star was not just some cheap company but made firearms for police service and military use. some one out there in gun land has to be a expert in this weapon please any comments will be welcome good or bad. Thanks

(Monroe County)

Default Re: star 30 MI

Star made somefantastic handguns, in 80's they came out with the firestar series, they also came out with a very nice fullsize .45 acp high cap all steel model.

The problem with star is that they are a Spanish company and they use that very heavy Spanish steel which makes the guns very heavy to carry.

However they did come out with a very nice polymer gun back then.
    If i come accross one i would add it to my collection.

Glad your daughter enjoyed that 30

(Jefferson County)

Of all the Spanish gun companies that have come and gone, Star ranks at the top of the list for quality.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

The 30mi is more of a cz 75 clone (sort of). The 1911 platforms they offer are the Modelo (9mm largo),BKS, BS, B, and the Starlight are in 9mm luger. Those models are very much 1911 like. The Modelo I own has a easy take down lever that is very slick for cleaning. In all, they made very good firearms.

(Armstrong County)

I would like to find a place to buy xtra mags and such i read were the new company was astar but they have no info either. I did find a holster though used it was for a 1911 the star fit nicely in it and rides high for easy conceal but as for a molded holster for the 30MI im still looking. Thanks for the info.

(Allegheny County)

Great gun had one and traded it bad move, check out Sarco in Easton PA they have a lot of the parts and use the search function on this forum. If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for it.

(Cumberland County)

Nice gun - heavy, so not much recoil. It was one of my first guns that I purchased back in the 80's Magazines are $34.95 on numerich. I have seen them here and there for about the same. Enjoy, congrats, and good luck. Here's mine - I'm assuming yours is that same I don't ever carry it, but have an old Uncle Mikes holster.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Centre County)

The Star 30 M1 is a great pistol, and I'll second Star's quality. The 30M1 does not have any screws. That is pretty cool.

(Armstrong County)

Kevinw I payed 299 after tax and transfer I probably could have payed less but with all the hype going on it seemed like prices went up in this local gun store but still I am pleased if i only knew how to down load pictures i would show everyone.

(Armstrong County)

Yes Cruzans same one I bought a use 1911 Desantis leather holster soaked it in hot water wrapped my 30MI in plastic and let it bone ( I think thats the term) anyways it worked out pretty good to my surprise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast