Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Sharpsville PD - Do your job!

I moved to Sharpsville on November 1st from Cranberry Township with my wife and two daughters (2 and 6). Soon after we moved in the bar across the street had it's first live band. Being able to tell you what song they were singing while watching TV in my living room, I decided to call the police. I was told that they couldn't do anything other then report the actions of the bar to the LCB and that I would just have to deal with it until the LCB could resolve the issue. I was also told to call every time they were being noisy because the more complaints, the more likely the LCB would act.

Fast forward through several complaints to tonight. I called the police and talked to an officer. He told me that another officer was about to start his shift and he would have him call me in 15 - 20 minutes. The video I posted on YouTube is the interaction I had with the officer. Here is a link: http://youtu.be/vundyJ1U-5Q

I have a few questions;

When did it become practice of the police to only enforce a law when multiple people complain?

When did it become okay for a public servant to yell at a tax paying citizen?

While I'm required to know the law (ignorance is no excuse) I am required to have a law degree when questioning the police?

Can someone please provide officer Clark with a business card? He is the first cop, I have ever spoken to, who does not carry one.

I wasn't aware that because I am a private citizen, my rights and concerns are considered less than a bar who is, according to officer Clark, breaking the law. Interesting.

Default Re: Sharpsville PD - Do your job!

Probably shouldnt have moved in across the street from a bar

PM me your addrress, I'll send you some cheese to go with that whine.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Mercer County)

This is kinda like when people move next to a shooting range and then bitch about the gunshots.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Bucks County)

I have a neighbor who pissed nad moaned for years until the Navy and Air Force finally stopped landing "THOSE DAMNED LOUD-ASSED AIRPLANES"! f course nobody thought to tell him there was an Air Base less than a mile away when he bought the place. There were lots of airplanes out that day , but NOBODY told him!

(Delaware County)

You didn't look around before buying the house?
    Of course bars are going to be loud and drunk people pouring outta them every night.

Should have done some better research before buying.

You probably got a good deal on the house, they tend to be cheaper by bars, power lines, railroad tracks and nuclear plants...

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Probably shouldnt have moved in across the street from a bar

PM me your addrress, I'll send you some cheese to go with that whine.
    You're right... Noise ordinances and LCB regulations shouldn't be expected to be followed. My bad.

Send the cheese to:

1500 Wayupyourass Street

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    This is kinda like when people move next to a shooting range and then bitch about the gunshots.
    Last time I checked, shooting ranges didn't go on till 2am on Wednesday and Saturday.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonPACC View Post
    Last time I checked, shooting ranges didn't go on till 2am on Wednesday and Saturday.
    Honestly man.... 2am on a sat night at a bar?
    What do you expect?

(Mercer County)

Listen, there is a difference between hearing the noise from the place while you're outside, but I am 75 yards from the bar and can hear it while sitting in my living room, windows and doors closed and watching TV.

LCB states 30' is the limit for any music to be heard. I'm not bitching about them going 5' over that limit. I can literally hear every word the no talent garage band is playing.

How about them Sharpsville schools?

Are these the bars down by the river, or in the business/main st. part of town?

I can't say I have much reason to be in lovely downtown Sharpsville at 2AM, but I can imagine your grief.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast