Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Good holster for my M&P 9?

Since I can't buy ammo or magazines for my current firearms I have decided to spend some money and get a decent holster for my M&P 9. I had it for 16 months and now that I have become proficient with it I am going to take my first steps into open carrying. First it will be only when I go to the range or a rally then I will see how I feel about doing it after that. I also have a LTCF so I can easily hide it with my shirt. Anyway I was looking at the Kydex Holsters, especially the ones from Bravo Concealment. I like them but I am not thrilled with the fact that they will charge my credit card promptly and leave me hanging for upwards of two months before they construct it. I understand high demand and all but still that's too long.

I was wondering if I can order something that's already made yet just as good. Another consideration is that I plan on getting a tactical light for my pistol in the near future so it needs to be something with enough room for a mounted tactical light. Lastly, I would like a magazine pouch that would allow we to carry two additional 17 round magazines so suggestions on this would be welcomed too. Thanks.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Good holster for my M&P 9?

I love my Blade-tech stuff ... May not be what you are after buts its nice stuff. Plus it can usually be found in stock from online vendors like Joe Bob Outfitters

(Delaware County)

I love my Comp-Tac holsters for my M&P's. www.comp-tac.com
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I have a Safariland 6378 retention holster for my M&P9 & 9c. I think they might make a version for a light too. It's suede-lined plastic, adjustible cant, and the thumb-operated release works good. It's a great holster and my new primary choice for OC (the SERPA is on its way out).

Also just got a Tagua leather thumb-break belt slide holster that conceals well - holds the gun up high and close to my body.

And I've been using a Don Hume holster that also holds the gun high & close, but I don't like to OC with it because it has no retention.

I also use a Supertuck, and I have a 5.11 Thumb Drive holster & thigh rig that I don't like much and am going to sell. It's hard to believe I have 6 different holsters for just the M&P's, but I'm probably not the only one here with a holster "problem".

(Pike County)

Thank you everybody, I am looking at the various options right now. It's a lot to absorb at once but I think I can find something from these options.

(Pike County)

I've been eyeballing my options and it seems only a few options are suitable for pistols that have a light mounted. I might just go without that option and get a basic holster for now, I highly doubt I am going to need a tactical light for basic carry. I just want one for bed stand duty. However I was looking at this one from Bladetech that works for pistols with a light:

http://www.blade-tech.com/Weapon-Tac...op-pr-951.html

Thoughts? Otherwise I really like the options shared by Scruff and Frank.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

As an engineer, I know how many thousands of decisions go into the design of something, and it all comes down to compromises. Material cost, durability, functionality, the pro's and con's of various manufacturing processes, style, reliability... retention vs. ease-of-draw, ease of putting the holster on & taking it off, how much it will wear the gun's finish... try to change one aspect and you affect others. So you just need to decide what's most important to you. It's tough, because you can't just walk into a store and try them all out.

If you're going to OC with this, how important is retention to you? I feel uncomfortable OC'ing without level-2 retention, like when I'm carrying w/the Don Hume holster and take my jacket off for a while. That's why I wouldn't want to carry OWB with a kydex holster.

(Monroe County)

(Philadelphia County)

I'm not a big fan of kydex. I just ordered a bianchi 57 "remedy" when it arrives ill report back.

(Lancaster County)

Safariland 6378 is what I have. I did a review of it on another website. Very nice holster.

If safariland made a true level 2 or level 3 holster that fits a 1.5 inch belt i'd buy one instantly. All of theirs fit a 2+ inch belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast