PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- "I will put everything I've got into this -- and so will Joe -- but I tell you, the only way we can change is if the American people demand it." said President Barack Obama, urging Congress to act now for stricter gun control.

Since his re-election, guns and ammunition have been flying off the shelves at gun stores, as the president promises stiffer gun laws. The rush for gun purchases and concealed weapon permits is on -- and the biggest spike in new gun sales is to women.

While women make up only 20 percent of all concealed weapons permit holders, the number of women carrying concealed weapons is growing every day. CBS 12's Jana Eschbach took the gun safety course, passing for the permit, and became one of the 200,000 in the state to have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

"Look in that V...don't touch the trigger until you are ready," said St. Lucie Shooting Center's weapons instructor Ed Hensen.

Working more and more with first time gun buyers who are female has its challenges.

(Excerpt) Read more at cbs12.com ....

http://cbs12.com/news/top-stories/st...27.shtml?wap=0