Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2nd BODY ARMOR GROUP BUY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Order: #2484

(Delaware County)

TheTargetMan
    Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2013

Re: BODY ARMOR Group Buy..........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brian1313
    http://www.nij.gov/nij/pubs-sum/223054.htm

2.4 Type III (Rifles)
    Type III hard armor or plate inserts shall be tested in a conditioned state with 7.62 mm FMJ, steel jacketed bullets (U.S. Military designation M80) with a specified mass of 9.6 g (147 gr) and a velocity of 847 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (2780 ft/s ± 30 ft/s).
    Type III flexible armor shall be tested in both the “as new” state and the conditioned state with 7.62 mm FMJ, steel jacketed bullets (U.S. Military designation M80) with a specified mass of 9.6 g (147 gr) and a velocity of 847 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (2780 ft/s ± 30 ft/s).
    For a Type III hard armor or plate insert that will be tested as an in conjunction design, the flexible armor shall be tested in accordance with this standard and found compliant as a stand-alone armor at its specified threat level. The combination of the flexible armor and hard armor/plate shall then be tested as a system and found to provide protection at the system’s specified threat level. NIJ-approved hard armors and plate inserts must be clearly labeled as providing ballistic protection only when worn in conjunction with the NIJ-approved flexible armor system with which they were tested.

ANYWAY YOU CAN GET A VIDEO SHOT WITH THESE STANDARDS? JUST WISH THEY SAID THE LOAD OF THE 308, BULLET WEIGHT, VELOCITY.

As the owner of The Target Man, LLC, I will answer your questions for Renov8 directly. Our armor is cut from sheets that have OFFICIAL NIJ CERTIFICATIONS. These sheets are certified under NIJ0101.08, which has the same testing criteria under NIJ0101.06. The "heat" (master sheet) has a 12"x12" sample sent to a lab where it is tested and QC'd. These pieces receive 6 impacts from 7.62 NATO at 15 meters. The testing is very specific. Each impact is equally spaced and shot in temperature controlled environments.

0101.06 and 0101.08, again, have the SAME testing requirement. 08 is specific to armor applications, while 06 is specific to body armor. Same impacts, same materials, etc. The EXACT SAME criteria.

A few questions where asked on another thread about how we cut these. Renov8 called me and I gave him the answer. To keep up with the demand, I sub out a lot of the cutting to a buddy's shop who has a CNC laser. I have a water-submerged plasma table. Both provide minimal heat affected zones.

I have plates with 100+ impacts....many shot with calibers which far exceed the NIJ specs. However, we list these as NIJ Level III armor to be on the "safe side". The .308 that you see the testing is 168 grain.... which is more powerful then the 7.62x51 NATO.

As far as the coating....we coat with Rhino Liner "Tuff Grip". During our initial testing (we tested about 15 variations of different brand liners, kevlar "sleeves", etc.) we had great results with Rhino catching the frag, but little "chunks" blew off the plate. We tried 12 different primers (none of which are Rhino's brand) and finally found a 3M primer that works great and does the trick. Every shot stayed "encapsulated" in the bed liner material and none of the fragmentation exited the carrier.

If you have questions about the product, it is best that I answer them as Renov8 has been the "middle man".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCw1XHFDpTk

(Delaware County)

This group buy is closing on Feb 15th.

If you want some great value, life saving plates.......these are the ones.

Tried and true!

(Delaware County)

Here is a peek at some of the Plate Carriers the guys over at AKFILES are geting in with Plates inserted.

The reviews are great.

See attached link.......

http://blog.beezcombatsystems.com/ar...carrier-3.html

Good afternoon. My name is Jeremy and I own The Target Man, LLC. I answered some of the questions in the other thread, which Renov8 has copied/pasted my answer in to this thread as well.

We have sold thousands of sets of our armor. Some of our clients include military, Federal LEOs, municipal LEOs, private security, bail bondsman, and once celebrity body guard!! We have a lot of "wholesale" dealer accounts and we're moving more armor then we ever thought imaginable!!

People all over the country have tested our armor and have posted reviews on other forums. Since I'm new here and unfamiliar with the rules, I will not post the links to some of the other testing. However, if you are interested, shoot me a PM and I will send you the links that way.

I will be glad to answer any questions you have. Renov8 has a good general knowledge of the product, but I can answer any of the "specifics" for him.

Questions? Ask away!! I check on this thread every day or so and answer any questions you have.

Thanks,

TTM

(Delaware County)

We have reduced the number of plates available in this GB to 50 sets. 100 sets was just to many to do in a short period of time.

We have 13 sets left to reach our new target of 50 sets.

These would make a nice Valentine gift for your loved one.....it shows you care enough to save them from harm.........lol

(Cambria County)

The carriers that you posted pics of up above. Those aren't included in this group buy, right? They will have to be bought later on. This buy is just for the armor plates... Is that correct. Running out of time, Got to get my act together.

Is there any talk about a group buy on the carriers?
    Last edited by Mtbkski; February 11th, 2013 at 02:57 PM.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Cambria County)

Ordered two formed plates with Rhino Lining. Now to find a carrier.

The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Northampton County)

Purchased, order #2520.

(Delaware County)

Order #2527, Rhino Lined Front and 6 x 8 Sides.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast