Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default 1000 Green Berets Sign 2nd Amendment Letter

A very interesting perspective on our 2nd Amendment rights.

http://sofrep.com/16644/1000-green-b...2nd-amendment/

(York County)

Default Re: 1000 Green Berets Sign 2nd Amendment Letter

God bless each and every member of our armed forces who took the oath, and not only understands its importance, but bears the weight and responsibility of those words in their hearts. Thank you brothers and sisters, thank you all. A special thanks to those members who stood tall in the signing and presenting of this document. You make this old Marine proud to be an American.

(Northumberland County)

I would also like to thank them for signing and presenting the document. I posted it to my FB page to get the word out for what they did.

That's great, but can anyone post how many former and current Green Beret members there are. I bet it's in the 100K+ range.

(Bucks County)

I've got a slight issue with #5. I remember being like 8yrs old and tricking my mom into buying me Mortal Kombat...it wasn't until she saw me, as Sub Zero, rip the head and spine from an opponent that she saw what the game really was (we new the code to unlock the blood). Instead of saying "violence in media and entertainment is bad", they should advocate that parents be parents. They need to draw the line between right and wrong, and fantasy and reality. Sort of how the parents on here teach their kids to shoot. You don't just give them a .22LR and say 'Have at it'. That's what I would change, but I still posted on FB none the less.
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    That's great, but can anyone post how many former and current Green Beret members there are. I bet it's in the 100K+ range.
    I'll take that bet...and your money on it. However...if you were to exchange Green Beret for Special Forces, which encompasses a larger group of people, you'd be correct. Green Beret are specifically Army, while Special Forces encompasses people from all branches of service, and also includes Special Ops.
    "A free people ought to be armed."--George Washington

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by stringplucker View Post
    I'll take that bet...and your money on it. However...if you were to exchange Green Beret for Special Forces, which encompasses a larger group of people, you'd be correct. Green Beret are specifically Army, while Special Forces encompasses people from all branches of service, and also includes Special Ops.
    You're close. A Green Beret is a piece of headgear. A Special Forces Soldier is one who wears said headgear. The whole of the community is called Special Operations, this includes but is not limited to the Special Forces (Army), Force Recon (Marines), SEALs (Navy), PJs (Air Force), Rangers (Army), and some other elements from all for branches.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    Impossible number, Army specific there is 1,3,5,7,10,11,19,20 SF groups, then various other training/admin etc units. Plus there are SF qualified who are no longer with SF groups. And of course there are people like me who work(ed) with a SF group but were not SF qualified. Thats just the Army, add other branches then add "delta force".

I def appreciate any current or former soldier supporting our fight, but I dont see where making this letter SF specific makes any bigger of a deal. I say this as SF isnt what it used to be, or what the movies portray them to be.
    Last edited by JStem1283; January 29th, 2013 at 11:35 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JStem1283 View Post
    Impossible number, Army specific there is 1,3,5,7,10,11,19,20 SF groups, then various other training/admin etc units. Plus there are SF qualified who are no longer with SF groups. And of course there are people like me who work(ed) with a SF group but were not SF qualified. Thats just the Army, add other branches then add "delta force".

I def appreciate any current or former soldier supporting our fight, but I dont see where making this letter SF specific makes any bigger of a deal. I say this as SF isnt what it used to be, or what the movies portray them to be.
    Its not that it was special forces specific that holds significance, its the fact that here has been presented a document with significant military backing. Its kind of like the first sheriff that came foward and said " No, I refuse to enforce any new federal law which may violate the constitution, and I will arrest any agent attempting to enforce said laws in my jurisdiction. ", there was a snowball effect after that first step with sheriff after sheriff voicing support. Well, in this document is like that first sheriff, it is the first step in the military reminding the administration that they remember their oath, that they take it seriously, and that the POTUS's litmus test may prove invalid. I await more declarations of constitutional loyalty and defense by ever growing numbers of our military, past and present.

(Bucks County)

After posting to FB...I noticed a girl I went to HS with, who I know would not frequent this type of board or surf that type of website, had also "shared the same link". Here's her's status about it.

"So I am completely anti-gun. I can't see myself ever changing this view. However, this was the first well-argued piece supporting the 2nd amendment that I've read since Sandy Hook"
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast