Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default NO PISTOL PERMITS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

just went with my wife to pick her ccw in bucks county Levittown government building located @ 5 points in Levittown and there was a big sign on the counter NO PISTOL PERMITS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE I asked the lady what's going on why are they not issuing any more permit all she could tell me id that they were having problems she also said there were issuing about 100 permits a day since shady hook happened so much for the theory of gun bans in my area with that many permits issued out whole town has to be carrying now lol

just wanted to give people a heads up

(Berks County)

Default Re: NO PISTOL PERMITS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Quote Originally Posted by Dports View Post
    just went with my wife to pick her ccw in bucks county Levittown government building located @ 5 points in Levittown and there was a big sign on the counter NO PISTOL PERMITS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE I asked the lady what's going on why are they not issuing any more permit all she could tell me id that they were having problems she also said there were issuing about 100 permits a day since shady hook happened so much for the theory of gun bans in my area with that many permits issued out whole town has to be carrying now lol

It's one thing if this is a temporary shutdown. However, the Sheriff is OBLIGATED to issue permits by law. He/she can't just shut the process down.

Make sure you follow up on this; you have a right to apply for an LTCF.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

I am sitting here with my app on the desk. I am going to Bucks Courthouse soon to apply and this is very interesting.

I just posted this over on another thread, but I've been in twice in the last two days to pick up my pre-approved renewal(our sheriff's office makes you drop off the application due to high demand then they send a postcard when it's ready) but was told the state's 'system' is down and they can't get in to issue the renewal license.

(Bucks County)

like I said the lady wouldn't give me much info on what was wrong only that there was a problem maybe temp shutdown to play catch up when I got my permit here 10 yrs ago it took me 6 day from filing to permit in hand now it's 4 -6 weeks my wife was 3 weeks to the day filing to permit in hand

probably due to the high demand

My approval only took about a week, so the backlogs must depend on where you live.

(Berks County)

like I said the lady wouldn't give me much info on what was wrong only that there was a problem maybe temp shutdown to play catch up when I got my permit here 10 yrs ago it took me 6 day from filing to permit in hand now it's 4 -6 weeks my wife was 3 weeks to the day filing to permit in hand

probably due to the high demand
    PICS being down can't be used as an excuse forever. And even when the system is down, they call in and talk to a PICS operator to do the check in a more manual fashion.
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."

-John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Since they have 45 days, shouldn't they still have to accept applications and if they can't get a hold of PICS within those 45 days to prove you can't have a LTCF, don't have have to issue it?
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    Since they have 45 days, shouldn't they still have to accept applications and if they can't get a hold of PICS within those 45 days to prove you can't have a LTCF, don't have have to issue it?
    Technically, yes.
    -Charlton Heston

-John Quincy Adams

-Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    me personally Im not sure if im for the issue of a permit without a background check, and I also found it way to easy to get one here no safety classes or anything, I feel a safety class would be a good thing then at least they know you know how to use a gun my wife has never shot a gun in her life yet has her permit but I have also signed her up for a women's only first shooter class and a nra training class, I made her get her permit so if she ever wanted to carry she could my theory ive instilled in her is id rather have it and never need it then need it an never have it

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast