Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: We need to stop HB 335. Call reps.

The way I've been putting it is:

So...if you want to get over your fear of heights (bees, snakes, etc..), you have to lose you gun rights?
    Last edited by t1066; February 3rd, 2013 at 05:41 PM.

(Monroe County)

Thanks for posting this, never heard of HB335
    "If your not prepaired to go all the way,than your not prepaired to go anywhere! " James yeager 1/9/13

(Philadelphia County)

Wow, this is pathetic. Under this provision, anyone who has ever been prescribed one tablet of Valium prior to their root canal appointment the next day now is on par with someone committed to a mental institution.

Besides that, what about people who take anti-depressants for chronic pain? Or taking TCAs (A class of anti-depressants) for sleep? Do these sponsors even know what mental health treatment is?

(Westmoreland County)

Your right!! Hell docs do give older antis for sleep issues in a weak dosage. So that would mean. No firearms!! Email your reps!!

(Pike County)

Thumbs down Re: We need to stop HB 335. Call reps.

[QUOTE=PaRes;2274234]I just got a personal response back from Krieger, seen below!

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support of gun rights.

I firmly believe in the protection of our Second Amendment Rights.

I am opposed to House Bill 335.

Also, I am a co-sponsor of Representative Metcalfe's Right to Bear Arms Protection legislation (HB357).

This legislation will prohibit the enforcement of any new federal restriction, prohibition or registration requirement for firearms, magazines, and ammunition. It would also require the state to intercede on behalf of Pennsylvania citizens against any federal attempt to register, ban or restrict the purchase or ownership of firearms and firearms accessories which are currently legal products.

Should you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at 724-834-6400.

Very truly yours,

Tim Krieger
    [/QUOTE

Let me see, Tim Krieger and the state will intercede against the Federal Gov't, when they don't intercede on your behalf against the local township and city laws that overreach their limits? At the end of the day, B/S

(Delaware County)

I wrote my state rep via email expressing my concern regarding this ill-conceived legislation. A staff member of Rep Bill Adolph (R) of District 165, responded with a boiler-plate "thank you for your concern about gun rights" email. I immediately replied with my displeasure for having received a form-letter response after inquiring about specific legislation. I subsequently received an earnest apology and was informed I would receive a detailed reply.

A day or two later, I received a personalized reply in letter form via the USPS, wherein my rep assured me he is opposed to this legislation and is confident it will not even get out of the Judiciary Committee let alone pass a floor vote.

(Westmoreland County)

Wow!! That was pretty cool getting one in the mail. I never got that. I spoke with a doctor I knew about it yesterday. I know him on a personal level. He has been emailing his reps. He was aggrivated with it.

(Juniata County)

This is a very dangerous piece of legislation. We must keep bring it up!

(Juniata County)

Have we heard an update?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboss View Post
    Wow, this is pathetic. Under this provision, anyone who has ever been prescribed one tablet of Valium prior to their root canal appointment the next day now is on par with someone committed to a mental institution.

Besides that, what about people who take anti-depressants for chronic pain? Or taking TCAs (A class of anti-depressants) for sleep? Do these sponsors even know what mental health treatment is?
    Really? I know people that take an occasional Valium for a neurological disorder. Truly unbelievable. If they can't take the guns from us they'll take us from the guns.

Would someone please pass a bill that if any bills infringe on the bill of rights the sponsors will be jailed and all of their legally acquired purchases will be confiscated.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast