Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: We need to stop HB 335. Call reps.

Actually I am sure it would. Theres no one exempt from it from what I see. No matter what their job. Problem is too. What about the folks who may have been thinking of seeing a doc for any reason. Woman gets a divorce, has some mild depression. Would like someone to talk to. Now she cannot own!! This can go deep.

(Clarion County)

What it would do sometime, somewhere, is keep someone from seeking help.
    As stated earlier it may just be a life problem. divorce, stress, whatever.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Lehigh County)

This Bill wont become law as written but we still need to write, fax, and call to curb future attacks on our rights.
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Westmoreland County)

I just got a personal response back from Krieger, seen below!

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support of gun rights.

I firmly believe in the protection of our Second Amendment Rights.

I am opposed to House Bill 335.

Also, I am a co-sponsor of Representative Metcalfe's Right to Bear Arms Protection legislation (HB357).

This legislation will prohibit the enforcement of any new federal restriction, prohibition or registration requirement for firearms, magazines, and ammunition. It would also require the state to intercede on behalf of Pennsylvania citizens against any federal attempt to register, ban or restrict the purchase or ownership of firearms and firearms accessories which are currently legal products.

Should you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at 724-834-6400.

Very truly yours,

Tim Krieger

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    If I may make a polite suggestion. We need to make it a point to call these sponsors and tell them this will not be tolerated. It would be even better if we could make a coordinated effort and call one or two a day. If they receive 50 or 100 calls on the same issue on the same day it may be more motivating than one here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Here is an email that was shared with me on facebook. it is a response from Rep Mike Schlossberg.

I want to sincerely thank you for pointing this out to me. I’ll be completely honest: I misunderstood the legislation. Your note made me double check the text of the legislation, and you are completely correct. I removed myself as a cosponsor of this bill and am not supportive of it. While there are gun control measures that I do support, this legislation, as written, is too broad.

Sincerely, thank you for your letter. Never think that we don’t read them J

Have a great day,

Mike

Contacting these guys can make a difference. Even the anti gun reps can be influenced. true statement! education of them is the key
    IF everyone is going to be polite and civil here are the sponsors emails address, some sponsors can and will withdrawl their names IF you can show how this will hurt people (outside of the intent of the bil)

Other are just for banning guns, and for more gun control laws, they don't care about the unitended consequences of a bad law.

Sponsors:

THOMAS, CLAY, O'BRIEN, V. BROWN, BROWNLEE, FRANKEL, YOUNGBLOOD, NEILSON, KINSEY, MURT and COHEN

cthomas@pahouse.net; prime sponsor

vbrown@pahouse.net; mbrownlee@pahouse.net; jclay@pahouse.net; mcohen@pahouse.net; dfrankel@pahouse.net; skinsey@pahouse.net; tmurt@pahousegop.com; eneilison@pahouse.net; mobrien@pahouse.net; ryoungbl@pahouse.net;
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Westmoreland County)

Thank you. and I agree! Everyone please be "polite and civil", thats the only way they will pay attention. Coming have been very civil, and professional, and have included my phone number. It is a battle for our rights. But keeping it civil and polite is the way to do it. Sorry to chime back in since I am new here. just agreeing!

(Beaver County)

Respectful email sent to the sponsors asking them to consider the ramifications of the bill, and to reconsider their sponsorship of the bill.

I also received the same response from Representative Krieger that was posted above by another user.

(Juniata County)

I sent a very long email to my reps, as well as the Governor and LT Governor. I chain mailed all the reps that someone had kindly posted on the forums once. This bill could strip the rights huge sections of the State, and anyone could need counseling at one time or another.

(Westmoreland County)

Someone grows up with abusive parent, is molested, raped, or goes off to war and gets PTSD, has the sense to get help and get better, no guns for them.

On the other hand someone can be a Sociopath who considers other human beings to be like furniture, as things, who would stomp on an infant's head as readily as they'd step on a cockroach, no problem!! Such people are scheming and rarely get caught hurting others.

Ted Bundy for instance, who treated his victims as things and for a long time was able to kill with out arrest. He could buy a firearm under this law. If any of his potential victims had visited a Psychiatrist they would be at his mercy.

Typical Progressive thinking - it's about victims. Make victims dependent and make more of them.

(Westmoreland County)

We ought to call HB335 "Act Catch 22".

If you think you're "crazy" and get help, no guns for you.

If you are "crazy", don't think that you need help, don't get it, buy whatever you like.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast