Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: We need to stop HB 335. Call reps.

outstanding. Dont forget Krieger. He is on the commitee for the review.

(Delaware County)

No chance of passing. The NRA may be joined by strange bedfellows on this one. Namely, mental health organizations who are already aggravated in their perception that the mentally ill are being painted with a wide brush. Most people suffering with mental diseases are not violent and the mental health organizations will go to great lengths in protecting the privacy of non adjudicated mental patients.

Such organizations are no friends of the second amendment though, and will fight this on their own grounds with the above agenda in mind. They have already made statements relative to proposed federal laws that the attention should be removed from the mentally ill and placed on firearms. Well, how about placing the attention on the violent criminals, sane or otherwise.
    Last edited by c45man; January 28th, 2013 at 07:25 PM.

(Perry County)

This will likely be the "poison pill" for gun legislation. Some would be willing to restrict the rights of the mildly mentally ill, others the rights of all citizens to keep and bear arms, but few will be willing to do both. As long as a "balanced
    approach" to gun violence by the mentally ill is pursued nothing will get done.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to determine beforehand who is really dangerous and any prior restraint is inevitably going to remove civil rights from many more non dangerous people than mass murderers. i believe a carefully crafted bill could be passed that would restrict the civil rights of the "obviously" dangerous mentally ill. However, I doubt that will happen, because the issue is being drawn as "gun control" and that is not conducive to rational thought, the left just wants everyone disarmed except the government of course.

(Allegheny County)

Unfortunately, my rep is Dan Frankel, one of the sponsors and a long-standing foe of gun rights.

I will contact Jay Costa about SB 189 which is similar, but that's going to be an uphill battle as he's a cosponsor too. He has a history of being wishy washy so I'll give it a shot.

I contacted kreiger, Ellis, and white.

This is a sticker we need to watch. This mental health stuff is something that could be seen as good legislation by those not in the know and this gain support. The issue is, with incorrect wording it can be a back door opening for gun control. Migraines, concussions, a sports accident, car accident, etc. is recognized by the CDC to have hidden violent side effects. Not to mention them going after depression, ADHD, and PTSD. It's all ba news for Americans.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisawa-sensai View Post
    Unfortunately, my rep is Dan Frankel, one of the sponsors and a long-standing foe of gun rights.

I will contact Jay Costa about SB 189 which is similar, but that's going to be an uphill battle as he's a cosponsor too. He has a history of being wishy washy so I'll give it a shot.
    If I may make a polite suggestion. We need to make it a point to call these sponsors and tell them this will not be tolerated. It would be even better if we could make a coordinated effort and call one or two a day. If they receive 50 or 100 calls on the same issue on the same day it may be more motivating than one here or there.
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

(Westmoreland County)

I agree. I am watching the NRA news which is on the sportsman channel everyday at 5pm live. They spoke with a doc on there. None of this will change the crime rate. Spread the word on this show. Even if their not gun owners.

(Clarion County)

Here is an email that was shared with me on facebook. it is a response from Rep Mike Schlossberg.

I want to sincerely thank you for pointing this out to me. I’ll be completely honest: I misunderstood the legislation. Your note made me double check the text of the legislation, and you are completely correct. I removed myself as a cosponsor of this bill and am not supportive of it. While there are gun control measures that I do support, this legislation, as written, is too broad.

Sincerely, thank you for your letter. Never think that we don’t read them J

Have a great day,

Mike

Contacting these guys can make a difference. Even the anti gun reps can be influenced.
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

(Westmoreland County)

Wow. Thats outstanding. I am glad you contacted him. It does make a difference!

(Northampton County)

I have a silly question. Would this be applied to a LEO who met with a
    "professional" after being involved in a deadly force incident??

I don't think this has a snowball's chance in hell of passing on its own.

'

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast