Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default NRA PPOH (Personal Protection Outside the Home) / Student and Instructor Course

NRA PPOH (Personal Protection Outside the Home) Student Course and Instructor

Firearms Safety Training Program
    February 23-24, 2013 (Student Course) 09:00-17:00. $375.00
    March 23-24, 2013 (Instructor Course) 09:00 - 17:00. $275.00
    ($550.00 for both)
    Need about 150 rounds for each course
    Conestoga Rod and Gun Club
    820 Street Road, Southampton, PA 18966
    Register by 02/14/2013 at info@team-life.org

Comprehensive and intensive in its approach to equip the defensive shooting candidate with the skills needed to survive serious adversity. The course teaches students the knowledge, skills and attitude essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective and responsible use of a concealed pistol for self-defense outside the home. Students have the opportunity to attend this course using a quality strong side hip holster that covers the trigger, or a holster purse. From a review of safe firearms handling and proper mindset to presentation from concealment and multiple shooting positions, this course contains the essential skills and techniques needed to prevail in a life-threatening situation.

Light snacks and beverages will be provided also.

Mail payments to: P.O. Box 588, Trevose, PA 19053.
    Certified/Cashiers Check, Money Order, or
    PayPal (info@team-life.org). Please do not mail cash.
    Cash only at the door or credit card at the door.

Course meets requirements for Arizona, Virginia, Maine, and/or Florida CCW.
    We can fingerprint you (Arizona only), complete passport photos, and/or notarize your applications for these non resident permits also at class.

Regards,

Gregory R. Brown
    Deputy Chief, Training Division
    Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer
    Team Life, Inc.
    P.O. Box 588
    Trevose, Pennsylvania 19053
    (215) 310-5436 office
    (267) 228-1943 cell
    (800) 469-6914 E-Fax
    info@team-life.org
    www.team-life.org
    Last edited by gbrown221; February 17th, 2013 at 12:05 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: NRA PPOH (Personal Protection Outside the Home) / Provider and Instructor Course

Must be PPOH provider to attend instructor class. Legal component of course will be conducted by an NRA LEO instructor who is also a PA MPOTEC instructor along with an attorney admitted to PA BAR who specializes in PA Gun Rights.

Default Re: NRA PPOH (Personal Protection Outside the Home) / Provider and Instructor Course

What's the difference between a "provider" and an instructor? I'm an NRA certified instructor for Personal Protection In the Home. I would be interested in also getting certified for PPOTH. However, I don't understand whatever distinction you're trying to create here.

(Cambria County)

Little over four hours one way for me. Was interested till I saw that. We need on on the other side of the state. Hope you get a good turn out.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    What's the difference between a "provider" and an instructor? I'm an NRA certified instructor for Personal Protection In the Home. I would be interested in also getting certified for PPOTH. However, I don't understand whatever distinction you're trying to create here.
    You need to take the course as a participant before you can take the instructor course. There are no "equivalent" courses that can be substituted.

(Philadelphia County)

It is an NRA requirement to become an instructor for PPOH. It is the only NRA instructor discipline that requires you to also take the provider class.

Myself and my business partner were able to "home validate" to Personal Protectiion inside the Home Instructor being NRA LEO Division instrutors and/or MPTOEC instuctors. No equivalant training is avaible for Outside the Home Instructor per NRA Training Counselor hosting the class. I confirmed this with the NRA Training Department too also. I will be attending the student course as well as a student. The pricey part of this course is that the NRA requires the legal portion to be taught by an Attorney admitted to the BAR in the State the course is being hosted or a POST certified police officer with adequate knowledge of the firearms laws of the State the course is being hosted. Hiring an attorney for the one hour portion was still a pricey feet when you factor in range fees, student materials, lunch, etc.

PPOH Instructor status is also needed for anyone seeking the NRA's new ADVANCED PISTOL INSTRUCTOR status.
    Last edited by gbrown221; February 17th, 2013 at 12:13 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Little over four hours one way for me. Was interested till I saw that. We need on on the other side of the state. Hope you get a good turn out.
    Happy hoste in your area if you have some people interested and a suitable range for venue. please feel free to contact me.

(Bucks County)

I'm the TC providing this evolution.

This is the ONLY NRA civilian Instructors course that REQUIRES you to take the student course first, and pass, with specified items (strong side holster and pocket book) BEFORE you are eligible for the Instructor course.

If you have already taken the PPOTH student course, I need your test score and both certificates from your trainer.

The instructor course for PPOTH focuses on the live fire portion near exclusively.

PLEASE NOTE ALSO: The PPOTH instructor endorsement is a REQUIRED component of the "ADVANCED PISTOL INSTRUCTOR" rating, which is the method to teach the "DEFENSIVE PISTOL" (Check the NRA Instructor Portal)

Hope this helps clarify.

NRA Training Counselor, all disciplines.
    NRA LE Instructor, Pistol and Shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    It is an NRA requirement to become an instructor for PPOH. It is the only NRA instructor discipline that requires you to also take the provider class.

Myself and my business partner were able to "home validate" to Personal Protectiion inside the Home Instructor being NRA LEO Division instrutors and/or MPTOEC instuctors. No equivalant training is avaible for Outside the Home Instructor per NRA Training Counselor hosting the class. I confirmed this with the NRA Training Department too also. I will be attending the provider course as well as a student. The pricey part of this course is that the NRA requires the legal portion to be taught by an Attorney admitted to the BAR in the State the course is being hosted or a POST certified police officer with adequate knowledge of the firearms laws of the State the course is being hosted. Hiring an attorney for the one hour portion was still a pricey feet when you factor in range fees, student materials, lunch, etc.

PPOH Instructor status is also needed for anyone seeking the NRA's new ADVANCED PISTOL INSTRUCTOR status.
    You have not answered my question. What is the difference between "Instructor" and "Provider"?

(Philadelphia County)

You have not answered my question. What is the difference between "Instructor" and "Provider"?
    The instructor course when successfully completed after the provider course allows an individual to then teach the provider course to other prospective students.

The instructor course is in other terms a "train the trainer" class.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast