Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Your range membership...

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    I was comparing it to the VIP membership I used to have, Christmas plus the two days you mentioned the VIP was $50 off, not half by any means. I'm an RO on the table trap range, say hey some Sunday.

If I'm ever out there on a weekend I'll say hi! I'm mostly there on weekdays or in uncomfortable weather when it's empty but one of these days I'll check it out on a weekend.

(Philadelphia County)

Got my membership at DVSC I live in Philadelphia. It was $150 for a 1 year membership which allows you to bring your own ammo and get 50% off gun rentals for you and your friends. You can bring friends to the range with you and they simply pay a $10 fee for an all day pass. A lot of fields charge you by the house or charge ridiculous fees when you bring people with you. DVSC seems to be the most legit run facility in the area. The only other facility I would even give a chance would be Double Tap which is $10 cheaper but I am not sure of their rules and regulations. All other fields seem to be price gouging or in areas that I'd rather not park my car or attempt to find parking at. The PPA is a pain in the ass and will tow or ticket you fast.

DVSC also has handled my FFL transfers for a $50 fee and it was a quick painless transaction.

(Chester County)

Club events, and competitions... i like outdoor ranges, and being free to do shooting on the move. One of my clubs has rifle out to 600+ yards. Most of all, i feel that belonging to a club is safer than going to a public range with all of the goofballs and getting muzzle swept.

Academy Gardens, Philadelphia, PA, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
    Got my membership at DVSC I live in Philadelphia. It was $150 for a 1 year membership which allows you to bring your own ammo and get 50% off gun rentals for you and your friends. You can bring friends to the range with you and they simply pay a $10 fee for an all day pass. A lot of fields charge you by the house or charge ridiculous fees when you bring people with you. DVSC seems to be the most legit run facility in the area. The only other facility I would even give a chance would be Double Tap which is $10 cheaper but I am not sure of their rules and regulations. All other fields seem to be price gouging or in areas that I'd rather not park my car or attempt to find parking at. The PPA is a pain in the ass and will tow or ticket you fast.

DVSC also has handled my FFL transfers for a $50 fee and it was a quick painless transaction.

I've been a member of DVSC for years and have always enjoyed them. They've recently stepped up the game quite a bit by doing some renovations, brining in more staff, etc.

Friends and I have used them for FFL, purchases, and a good deal of range time. It's really a nice place for those of us in northeast Philadelphia.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    I've been a member of DVSC for years and have always enjoyed them. They've recently stepped up the game quite a bit by doing some renovations, brining in more staff, etc.

Friends and I have used them for FFL, purchases, and a good deal of range time. It's really a nice place for those of us in northeast Philadelphia.
    Only thing I hate is the drive there, the blvd and red lion is a joke; you can sit at that light for ages and the red light cameras lead to so many accidents over there. I love the staff and if it wasn't for them I'd go somewhere closer to my house.

Their prices are the best in the area both on guns, ammo, etc.

Academy Gardens, Philadelphia, PA, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)

Only thing I hate is the drive there, the blvd and red lion is a joke; you can sit at that light for ages and the red light cameras lead to so many accidents over there. I love the staff and if it wasn't for them I'd go somewhere closer to my house.

Their prices are the best in the area both on guns, ammo, etc.
    Agreed. They are pretty close to me - closer than any other range - but the drive there is still annoying. That particular intersection is the worst part of the trip. I would probably go more frequently if it wasn't such an ambiance to make that one turn.

Reading the prices here I am so glad I live in south central PA. My club is free to active duty military. All I pay is $10 for a key fob to the indoor range and $35 for my daughter.

(Philadelphia County)

I also plan on joining DVSC in the next month.
    Great staff, very friendly and helpful.
    They charge $175 for a 1 year membership but it's only $120 to renew every year. So in two years, the price of the years will balance out to $147.50 /yr.

Very reasonable on prices and a great location.
    I take Pine rd so I get there fairly quick without taking the boulevard (US-1).

I visited Double Tap Shooting range and did not like it at all.
    Very cramped shop and staff seemed a bit rude. I just did not feel welcomed like I do at DVSC.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by djr5252 View Post
    I also plan on joining DVSC in the next month.
    Great staff, very friendly and helpful.
    They charge $175 for a 1 year membership but it's only $120 to renew every year. So in two years, the price of the years will balance out to $147.50 /yr.

Very reasonable on prices and a great location.
    I take Pine rd so I get there fairly quick without taking the boulevard (US-1).

I visited Double Tap Shooting range and did not like it at all.
    Very cramped shop and staff seemed a bit rude. I just did not feel welcomed like I do at DVSC.
    I've mad ammo purchases there and they've tried to talk me into membership multiple time. Their membership price is $10 cheaper than DVSC but they have stupid rules such as "you have to buy at least one box of ammo" and crap like that. DVSC is a must more honest place and don't try to rip you off. Their prices are a lot better on actual items too.

DVSC's 9mm ammo is $2 cheaper per box than doubletap so they have a lot harder time keeping it in stock.

(Philadelphia County)

I've mad ammo purchases there and they've tried to talk me into membership multiple time. Their membership price is $10 cheaper than DVSC but they have stupid rules such as "you have to buy at least one box of ammo" and crap like that. DVSC is a must more honest place and don't try to rip you off. Their prices are a lot better on actual items too.

DVSC's 9mm ammo is $2 cheaper per box than doubletap so they have a lot harder time keeping it in stock.
    DVSC only charges $120 to renew their membership after the first year which technically makes them cheaper in the 2 year run. And it is a much more honest friendly environment. Way better area as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast