Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Wink Re: pulled over with gun in the car ...what would you have said

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    "Yes, but it's unloaded and nothing to worry about."

Or, even, better,

"No, it's actually a case full of various sizes of dildoes. I'm hosting a sex toy party in half an hour, and you're invited."
    I know some guys that would really like that uniform...wink

(Indiana County)

Default Re: pulled over with gun in the car ...what would you have said

I would have said:
    "Hell if I know, this ain't even my car"

(Bucks County)

i personally don't know what the big deal is about having a gun and tell a cop that you have it when you're pulled over ive had my ccw for over 20 yrs now and every time ive been pulled over i hand them my ccw with my license and cop always asks if im carrying and i reply yes or i wouldn't of handed you my ccw they've gone as far as asking to see ( i get out the the car and either open my jacket or lift my shirt and make them pull it from my holster ) it an written down the serial to check it if it was stolen

i try and always be courteous with police they have a job to do, and deal with alot of assholes just like anyone else and found if you're an ass to them they will return the favor and to ths day i have never had any problem with a ccw or a rife in my car and the police

Quote Originally Posted by Dports View Post
    i personally don't know what the big deal is about having a gun and tell a cop that you have it when you're pulled over ive had my ccw for over 20 yrs now and every time ive been pulled over i hand them my ccw with my license and cop always asks if im carrying and i reply yes or i wouldn't of handed you my ccw they've gone as far as asking to see ( i get out the the car and either open my jacket or lift my shirt and make them pull it from my holster ) it an written down the serial to check it if it was stolen

i try and always be courteous with police they have a job to do, and deal with alot of assholes just like anyone else and found if you're an ass to them they will return the favor and to ths day i have never had any problem with a ccw or a rife in my car and the police
    If this is how you behave, then it is no wonder you have no problems. Compliant subjects are always a joy to the overlords. I will be watching this with popcorn in one hand and a hammer in the other.

(Indiana County)

Awesome.

Do you also hand them your cell phone so they can check to see if it's stolen?
    How about your GPS?
    Everything in your wife's purse?
    Surely you open the trunk and let them root around as well right?

One can be courteous without being a subservient subject.

I get stopped all the time at DOT compliance checks, I never tell them I have a gun, I've never had them ask, and I've sure the hell never let a cop unholster my firearm and handle it.

Letting a cop unholster your gun and then fiddle fart around with it is a good way to end up with a ND. Cops are not gun experts, sure the hell they are going to be screwing with my firearm and recording numbers.

You're an American, you have rights, if you want to freely give them up, good for you, but your actions then empower the cops to try this crap on everyone.
    Thanks for your assistance in creating even more jack booted thugs in uniform.

(Beaver County)

So...much...fail...head... spinning...dizzy...gonna be sick...
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

i personally don't know what the big deal is about having a gun and tell a cop that you have it
    You've never had the joy of the cops detaining your for an hour while they decide if you and your gun are "legal."

I'm amazed by the number of people who carrying their gun totin' license in the front of their wallet for all to see. Talking to these people, they believe that if the cop sees the license "he'll know that I'm a good guy." Not usually the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    One can be courteous without being a subservient subject.
    The cops want subservience. After all, they are agents of the government and we must do what the government wants.

A friend who is cop once said "I am the police and you WILL do what I say."

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    You've never had the joy of the cops detaining your for an hour while they decide if you and your gun are "legal."

I'm amazed by the number of people who carrying their gun totin' license in the front of their wallet for all to see. Talking to these people, they believe that if the cop sees the license "he'll know that I'm a good guy." Not usually the case.
    Well, not everyone can afford one of these:

The cops want subservience. After all, they are agents of the government and we must do what the government wants.

A friend who is cop once said "I am the police and you WILL do what I say."
    Just like I tell my kids, what they want and what they get are two entirely different things.

You need some new friends.

I'm friends with no less than 3 cops and have an uncle in the PSP, if any of them uttered shit like that to me I'd tell them to go to hell.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    You need some new friends.
    I find it boring to only have friends who see the world as I do.

This is an often discussed topic on this forum. One view is that the police are doing their jobs but that does not mean they should treat people as subjects and that you are doing a perfectly legal thing carrying. You should not have a need to announce it to the cops any more than saying "hey, I have a cell phone".

Also, it is good that all your stops have gone well by announcing that you have a gun, but it only takes one bad stop with the wrong cop to completely negate the good stops you had. Not saying anything about having a gun is means that you are not introducing an element that can cause the stop to go bad fast.

Here is a post that has some examples of stops going bad when the cop became aware that the driver had a gun.

http://forum.pafoa.org/2118860-post-7.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast