Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Wink Looks like the "Sky is fallin sale" is easing up

I have been trolling the auction sites just laughing to myself at the prices I see people paying for items as a result of panic about a AWB these past few weeks. And trust me I am not one of those people who is pissed at the those who are selling these items(I was at first), I mean if someone is willing to pay why shouldnt you sell the item for a profit. I on the other hand am watching my stuff I ordered back in Dec. and early Jan.(30 rd Pmags @$14, glock 18 33rd clips $49 and my MD-20 12ga drums $125) slowly trickle in. Yeah I had to wait but considering the prices I paid it sure was worth it. I have noticed the prices seem to be dropping now on gunbroker and there seems to be alot items with no bids at this time with very little time left on them. Dont get me wrong I feel sorry for those who felt backed in the corner and had no other choice but to pay those prices. Jesse James did it with a gun, others a listing Its gonna be interesting to see what happens as manufacturers get caught up on back orders. I think most anything these liberals and anti gunners tried to due backfired on them as far as limiting the availability of items. There is now more of these magazines and accessories in this market then we could have ever hoped for. At the very least I think there will be plenty of these items out there to be had no matter what the outcome of these proposals are. And lets not forget what they say "the only difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toys". Ok maybe some other things but you get the picture. Quite frankly as long as the items are out there and I really want it money usually isnt the determing factor, it is the availability of the item. I know there are gonna be those that say they may not grandfather stuff in but I just dont see that happening and of course this is just my opinion. Any ways I got a little off topic but I guess this is my way of seeing the cup as half full.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

Default Re: Looks like the "Sky is fallin sale" is easing up

I am seeing the prices drop too on Gunbroker, and also many AR's going with no bids, where 2 weeks ago that was unheard of.

One thing I am glad I did is to have very thing I need, as I am not quite sure what the quality of items will be which are produced during this backlog. Hopefully quality stays high, but my guess is that it would drop a bit.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Northampton County)

Then get what you need. This aint over.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Then get what you need. This aint over.
    I want an AR in .308, but do not need it at this point. I am going to wait and if prices do not come down, I will settle for a bolt action Ruger Scout.

(Allegheny County)

Has it dawned on anyone that people are just out of money?

I've only been buying things at reasonable prices and / or things ordered before the prices went goofy. And...

I sure as hell am...

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    Has it dawned on anyone that people are just out of money?

Not at all. There are a hell of a lot of people out there with a lot of money who are getting into guns for the first time. Just because you may be out of money, does not mean every one is.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I've been using the Colt LE6920 as a benchmark on Gunbroker. The average is at about $1800 now, down $500 - $700 from a couple of weeks ago. A lot of guns aren't selling because they're being listed with opening bids or reserves based on that 2-week-old pricing.

Looks like most guys trying to sell AR's here are also looking for 2-week-old prices.

Good luck finding parts, though. There's a lot of people with $500 stripped lowers trying to buy parts. I'm waiting on a few $97 Spikes lowers, and I imagine I'll have to sit on them for quite some time before I can build one.
    Last edited by scruff; January 26th, 2013 at 05:02 PM.

(Beaver County)

Prices aren't dropping on AKs or 10/22s yet, from what I am seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    Not at all. There are a hell of a lot of people out there with a lot of money who are getting into guns for the first time. Just because you may be out of money, does not mean every one is.
    Haha.... And some of these people were out of money BEFORE they started ordering.... this is America, land of credit and debt.. guarantee there are hundreds of thousands of AR's on visa right now

(Philadelphia County)

The prices on AKs are ridiculous. I'm even seeing SKS's going for insane prices. Maybe folks should consider the budget option - one of those 25-round .22lr rifles that look like an AR? Heck, I sure wouldn't want to be shot 25 times with .22lr ammo if I was a criminal attempting a home invasion robbery. A suprised home invader may not even get the chance to see it's "only" a .22 facsimile instead of "the real deal" before he turns and runs.
    Last edited by lemko; January 26th, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast