Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Saw Bill Clinton in person. . .

I went to see former President Bill Clinton speak today not because I’m voting for Hillary, but mainly because he was so close by to where I live (Albright College) in Reading. It was the second stop of 5 speeches he was going to make in Pennsylvania today. I got there at 11:30 and stood in a very long line in the rain waiting to get in. There were about 2000 people in attendance and Clinton was scheduled to speak at noon, but the crowd waited for an hour and a half before he finally made it on stage (he didn't even leave his first speech in Pottstown until 12 noon). Governor Ed Rendell took the podium first to introduce Bill; the crowd went wild. Clinton talked about various issues such as the economy, jobs, healthcare, etc., all accompanied by the expected political rhetoric. BTW, the crowd seemed very impressed with his excellent speaking style. Bill also mentioned that he would still support Hillary in her run for president even if they weren’t married. During his speech someone in the crowd yelled out, "Barack Obama" a couple of times but the shouts went ignored.

PLEASE DON'T MIND THE FUZZY PICTURES:

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Saw Bill Clinton in person. . .

That's cool. My wife went to see him in W-B cuz he was speaking in the building next to her work.

Regardless of one's opinion, seeing a US president is pretty cool. Great way to experience US history. We get to see AirForce One from our couch anytime it flies into Wyoming Valley, and even that's exciting for us and the kids.

Heck, I even wasted a half day to see Kerry speak on the whim he'd get elected. Did the same with Reagan in 79 and actually got to meet him [for .2 seconds].

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGuy View Post

seeing a US president is pretty cool.
    Yeah, I must admit, it was kind of neat seeing a former president up close, and he looks much thinner in person than on TV. I also noticed that he had very long and thin fingers.

(Montgomery County)

Why didn't you draw down---i mean really, you had him that close

Seriously though---even though i don't care for him, it is kinda cool to meet a former president. What inlightening words of wisdom did he spew out. Vote for my wife because she ducked sniper fire in bosnia? She did not take ilegal campaign funds from peter paul or my favorite--i did not have sexual relations with that girl. i would not wait 5 min to see him much less sit through a whole speach listening to his BS. But hey, glad you had a good time.
    Last edited by Guns4Fun; March 27th, 2008 at 10:30 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Why didn't you draw down---i mean really, you had him that close
    Lol! I didn't have my gun with me because I thought there might be metal detectors at the entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Seriously though---even though i don't care for him, it is kinda cool to meet a former president. What inlightening words of wisdom did he spew out. Vote for my wife because she ducked sniper fire in bosnia? She did not take ilegal campaign funds from peter paul or my favorite--i did not have sexual relations with that girl.
    Actually, he chose not to speak about any of those things you've mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Lol! I didn't have my gun with me because I thought there might be metal detectors at the entrance.

Actually, he chose not to speak about any of those things you've mentioned.
    How convenient.

(Lehigh County)

ahem....

11 years ago next month...

The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.