Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lawrence County)

Default Shotgun Opinions --- 870 Express Super Mag

Looking to get a new shotgun for waterfowl and turkey. I like the 870 platform, since I have been clay shooting and small game hunting since I was about 15 with a Wingmaster.

I recently found an 870 Express Super Mag at a local shop in Mossy Oak Bottom Land. It comes with a 26" barrel, waterfowl choke, and turkey choke.

If I recall correctly, I believe the price was $489.

Does anyone have this exact gun? If so, do you like it? Also, is that a good price for the gun? (New, not used)

Thanks

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Shotgun Opinions --- 870 Express Super Mag

new not a bad price. Used too high price. Buds has a great price on a 870 super mag in Natural gear camo. 400.00

koz
    WHAT I DON'T SEE ANYTHING...

JFYI, the H&R 870 Express clone has the same goodies and is under $200 at WM. They are a little heavier, but man how they tame the recoil. It's a good gun, just got my 2nd one.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lancaster County)

Will you be shooting the 3 1/2's out of it? If so, be advised of what you're getting into shooting them out of a pump versus an auto. In a word, OUCH.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Northampton County)

I don't have any experience with the exact model you have but I have a normal (black) super mag and ive had it back to Remington twice for ftf and fte they have replaced just about everything on the gun but it still fails every once and a while 1-2 time out of 100 now was a lot worst 1-2 out of 10 before. So I would advise agents the super mag unless you want to shoot 3 1/2 '' shells. I have hired of other people with the same issue with there super mag

(Allegheny County)

I have a synthetic stocked super express mag with 26" barrel. Flawless. It is a stout kicker but who worries about that?

(Lancaster County)

Who worries about stout kick? Someone who actually shoots their shotgun instead of buying an expensive paperweight. There's nothing fashionable or fun about getting beat up unnecessessarliy.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Allegheny County)

If you can't handle it buy a .410 or auto.

An 870 is an excellent shotgun.