Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Gun stores/FFL around state college?

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeKnifer View Post
    I think the guy is LITERALLY insane. I'm amazed that the ATF gave that man a FFL and hasn't revoked it yet. He tells all kinds of weird stories about how he's a supplier of all these national militias and how he's prepared for a government crackdown.

Odd you should mention that.......he used to have a store out on North Atherton years ago. My understanding was he closed for 'odd' dealings, if that's true I'm more surprised he got a FFL back if it was taken away in the first place. At least this time he doesn't have his chrome Desert Eagle in a shoulder holster as he spews BS......or does he?

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeKnifer View Post
    Go to Hunter's Warehouse. He'll try to sell you his $4,000 AR-15 and his $140 Ruger 10/22 25-round mags.
    And that's if he can be bothered enough to stop playing Warcraft to talk to you. I was in there once. Once.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by SNAFUG36 View Post
    Odd you should mention that.......he used to have a store out on North Atherton years ago. My understanding was he closed for 'odd' dealings, if that's true I'm more surprised he got a FFL back if it was taken away in the first place. At least this time he doesn't have his chrome Desert Eagle in a shoulder holster as he spews BS......or does he?
    Oh, he was that guy. I do recall a thread here a couple of years back that talked about the shenanigans going on in the North Atherton store.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in. Now I know that I am definitely not missing anything by never been to his current business...

It's pretty shitty that J&E burn down. I heard they were one of the better local shops. Really bad timing, too - think of all the money those guys could've made with this panic!

(Centre County)

Agree on J&E. I assume they'll be back once insurance pays out. Assuming they had insurance.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripsu View Post
    Agree on J&E. I assume they'll be back once insurance pays out. Assuming they had insurance.
    I believe they were required to have insurance, how much I don't know though. I don't recall who I was talking to but I had heard they may be looking in the P gap area for a new location, that would be SWEET!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    I believe they were required to have insurance, how much I don't know though. I don't recall who I was talking to but I had heard they may be looking in the P gap area for a new location, that would be SWEET!
    I hope they re-open soon as well. They are nice folks to deal with, from my admittedly limited experience shopping there. I do like to see the new location, wherever it will be, to be much bigger than the old store.

(Centre County)

Tom Engel, the owner of Hunter's Warehouse is a total ass. I would not trust him as far as I could throw him.

I need to adjust my previous opinion.

1. I was at Grice's twice this past weekend. Both days I experienced great service. Once for my purchase and the other was for my girlfriend's purchase.

2. I was annoyed at the pricing for ammo and magazines. Although I have seen worse over the last couple weeks they are gouging customers non the less. However, if customer's pay the price that is capitalism at work.

Is Hunter's Warehouse the one about a half block below the Courthouse? I know J&Es was right across from it (the Courthouse), I've been there and they're good people..
    I remember during the car show going into a little shop that was a junk/hardware store that had a few guns high up on the wall behind the counter and a slightly insane man telling me all kinds of stories. I got stuck there for over 30 minutes because I was too polite to tell him to STFU.
    Last edited by LowCapacity; February 4th, 2013 at 01:29 AM.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripsu View Post
    They have insurance. But pay out is slow. They were still waiting on them to finalize the total damage last time I spoke to Eric from J&E. And that was almost month and half ago.
    And yes, he is flipping pissed on missing out on the panic buy of the century last time I texted his about something few weeks ago.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast