Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default HB 357 - Making New Federal Gun Laws Unenforcable

From Rep Metcalfe:

Metcalfe Seeks to Make Federal Gun-Grabbing A Criminal Offense in Pennsylvania 1/23/2013 HARRISBURG — State Representative Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler) today announced his legislation that would make any new federal gun control laws unenforceable within the Commonwealth.

“Passage of my legislation will send the message that there will never be additional gun control, anywhere in Pennsylvania,” said Metcalfe. “Whether by White House executive orders, congressional fiat, or judicial activism, we will never allow the left to benefit from the wicked acts of murderers in order advance their senseless gun-grabbing agenda which would only succeed in replacing one of our most sacred personal liberties with the chains of government tyranny.”

Similar to legislation most recently introduced in Wyoming and Texas, Metcalfe’s Right to Bear Arms Protection Act (House Bill 357) would:
    Prohibit enforcement of any new federal registration, restriction or prohibition requirement for privately owned firearms, magazines and ammunition.
    Require the state of Pennsylvania, including the Office of Attorney General, to intercede on behalf of Commonwealth citizens against any federal attempt to register, restrict or ban the purchase or ownership of firearms and firearms accessories which are currently legal products.
    Final enactment of Metcalfe’s Right to Bear Arms Protection Act would mean that anyone — even federal agents — who try to enforce any type of gun control restriction within state borders would face arrest and being charged with a felony offense.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned,” said Metcalfe. “Article 1, Section 21 of the Pennsylvania Constitution makes it crystal clear that no level of government, especially the federal government, has any authority whatsoever to impose senseless restrictions on law-abiding firearms owners, or worse, the confiscation of legally owned firearms. The purpose of my legislation is to force any gun-grabbing federal official to count the costs of unconstitutionally disarming or denying Pennsylvania citizens their God-given right to keep and bear arms.”

Metcalfe is also calling on all Pennsylvania citizens who support Constitutional liberty to attend Pennsylvania’s annual Second Amendment Action Day on Tuesday, April 23, beginning at 10:00 a.m. in the State Capitol Rotunda, and to sign the all-new Armed Pennsylvania: Say to No Gun Control petition by visiting RepMetcalfe.com.

Representative Daryl Metcalfe
    12th District
    Pennsylvania House of Representatives
    Media Contact: Ty McCauslin

http://repmetcalfe.com/NewsItem.aspx?NewsID=16232

(Chester County)

Default Re: HB 357 - Making New Federal Gun Laws Unenforcable

I emailed a thank you to rep. Metcalfe wishing him great success.

(Allegheny County)

Just emailed him too. Thank you MR. Metcalfe!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Crawford County)

Just got off the phone with his office to see what else I could do to help. Been pestering the crap out of Roae's office. Gotta see if I can't make a personal connection somehow. Surely I know someone who knows Rep. Roae! He's from around here somewhere, and this isn't a heavily populated area (not like Pittsburgh or Philadelphia).

Person to person contact leaves a much better impression, I think. Plus, it gives me the opportunity to represent responsible citizens in a positive light directly to one individual who will have an opportunity to push for more support for this bill within the legislature.

Working within the political process to support that which I believe in....man, its exhausting!
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

House Bill 357

(Erie County)

A quick note I just sent to Rep. Sonney 4th Legislative District
    Hope this will help the cause...

"Sir,
    As a law abiding gun owner in your district I am asking if you would be backing HB357.
    This bill was just brought to my attention. It is being proposed by State Representative Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler). I know you have been a great supporter of the 2nd amendment. Please help us keep our rights.
    Thank You,"
    "We The People..."

(Schuylkill County)

Missed it on the 1st go around, but pay special attention to the bottom of the article.
    He has already organized a Second Amendment Action Day for April. Hope it isnt too late by then.

Also visit http://www.repmetcalfe.com/guncontrol2013.aspx to sign the petition.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    House Bill 357
    Only thing better would have been HB 223 or HB 556!!!

(Allegheny County)

Rep. Metecalfe speaking at today's rally.

http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

I really wish I could move to PA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast