Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Hk usp 45 compact first shots

Well, this was my first hk ever, first time ever shooting an hk. I was always interested in one, but never could justify spending the extra cash for one. Soon as i shot it, i was hooked! I have a pic of my very first shots and im kinda impressed. I just have to get used to the new POA as i am used to shooting at 6 oclock, so thats why the shots are kinda low but i will get the hang of it. My second target was better but my phone died at the range. Its now my favorite 45 and im alreading looking to get the hk45. It was a variant 1 but i changed it to a variant 2. It took me almost an hour to change because the idiot in me took the parts out without noticing what order they were in. Eventually i found out and was relieved. The shots were at 10 yards

Default Re: Hk usp 45 compact first shots

Quote Originally Posted by DellRich89 View Post
    used to shooting at 6 oclock,
    Why?

I got this http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/15391 and shoot these http://store.chencustom.com/45_ACP_N...85_JHP_s/3.htm out of it every once in a while, just to make sure I can still see ok. I shoot at 4" clays 55 yds out and I miss about every other leap year, with target sights. It is that accurate. I still haven't found a scope mount for it, but I'm close to finishing the one I am fabricating.

My opinion of the compact you have is it has the absolute best grip on any compact polymer, period. It is one of a couple compacts that I wouldn't feel any tension about using it in a fight. Great, great, gun. Enjoy.
    Last edited by harold63; January 22nd, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Why?

I got this http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/15391 and shoot these http://store.chencustom.com/45_ACP_N...85_JHP_s/3.htm out of it every once in a while, just to make sure I can still see ok. I shoot at 4" clays 55 yds out and I miss about every other leap year, with target sights. It is that accurate. I still haven't found a scope mount for it, but I'm close to finishing the one I am fabricating.

My opinion of the compact you have is it has the absolute best grip on any compact polymer, period. It is one of a couple compacts that I wouldn't feel any tension about using it in a fight. Great, great, gun. Enjoy.
    I just like the 6oclock hold. I have guns that shoot poa, they're fine but i just shoot better at 6 o'clock. Its just my preference and if i practiced more with poa, i probably would like that better.

(Monroe County)

Do yourself a favor and order the extended mag release. Makes a world of difference! Nice gun! Also, if you've never shot one with the LEM trigger you might want to try one. The conversion is easy to do yourself and the kit is on sale right now for $80.00.

(Bucks County)

Chemical: Where can I get those extended releases?

I'm a huge fan of the HK USPc and wouldn't trade it for anything as my EDC. Right now I have a .40 but in the future I plan on switching to .45 and would LOVE to have 3:

USPc .45 for EDC
    USPc .45 Stainless (Safe Queen)
    USPc Tactical (.45 only, do I need to explain why?)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by firebird.77 View Post
    Chemical: Where can I get those extended releases?

I'm a huge fan of the HK USPc and wouldn't trade it for anything as my EDC. Right now I have a .40 but in the future I plan on switching to .45 and would LOVE to have 3:

USPc .45 for EDC
    USPc .45 Stainless (Safe Queen)
    USPc Tactical (.45 only, do I need to explain why?)
    Hkparts.net has them right in stock. Forgot the price but its between 24.99-29.99

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by DellRich89 View Post
    Hkparts.net has them right in stock. Forgot the price but its between 24.99-29.99
    Yup. Mine was $23.00 + shipping. Takes all of about 45 seconds to switch it out.