Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell may be about to cut a deal?

Did a quick forum search and didn't see this anywhere. Please take action!!

Anyone else?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dear John,

I'm worried Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell may be about to cut a deal with Harry Reid . . .

. . . that's why I need you to TAKE ACTION at once.

You see, Reid may still be just a few votes short of the 51 he needs to break Senate rules and use the “nuclear option” to destroy the Senate filibuster.

But if McConnell cuts a deal with Reid to deliver the votes he needs, he’ll have cleared a path for the passage of Barack Obama’s Gun Ban Plan.

Please send Mitch McConnell an email demanding he not cut a deal with Harry Reid to gut the Senate filibuster.

http://www.mcconnell.senate.gov/publ...?p=ContactForm

Thanks, in advance, for taking action.

-- Dudley

P.S. If you would rather send a FREE Grassroots Fax to Mitch McConnell, please click on the image below.

http://www.nagr.org/filibusterfax.aspx?pid=i

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell may be about to cut a deal?

I agree that we should give Mitch an earful so that he has to deny that he's selling us out.

None the less, here is the DailyKOS, the voice of Elitists, sniveling that Reid is "Folding on Filibuster Reform". Didn't know that Majoritarian Tyranny was "reform" but these people are masters at Orwellian language.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) doesn’t plan to advance a “talking filibuster” proposal envisioned by liberals who want sweeping changes to the stodgy Senate.

But he still may invoke what critics call the “nuclear option” to change Senate rules that would limit the use of the filibuster, force senators to hold the floor in certain situations and require those stalling legislation to deliver 41 votes, several people familiar with the matter said Thursday.

The contents of a filibuster reform package are not yet finalized, sources say, and Reid is still trying to cut a bipartisan deal with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to avert a partisan showdown on the floor next week. But Reid seems to have discarded one of the more far-reaching proposals sought by liberals -- forcing senators to actually carry out a filibuster -- because of fears that the plan would effectively kill the potent delaying tactic used frequently by the minority party.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...ibuster-reform

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell may be about to cut a deal?

Sounds like Mitch is on our side !!!

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-to-supporters

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) campaign is calling for supporters to back his opposition to expanded gun controls, warning in a new email that "they're coming for your guns."

"You and I are literally surrounded. The gun-grabbers in the Senate are about to launch an all-out-assault on the Second Amendment. On your rights. On your freedom," the email opens.

(Cumberland County)

I thought you needed 60 to surpass a filibuster. Never liked filibusters in the first place though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
    Did a quick forum search and didn't see this anywhere. Please take action!!

Anyone else?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dear John,

I'm worried Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell may be about to cut a deal with Harry Reid . . .

. . . that's why I need you to TAKE ACTION at once.

You see, Reid may still be just a few votes short of the 51 he needs to break Senate rules and use the “nuclear option” to destroy the Senate filibuster.

But if McConnell cuts a deal with Reid to deliver the votes he needs, he’ll have cleared a path for the passage of Barack Obama’s Gun Ban Plan.

Please send Mitch McConnell an email demanding he not cut a deal with Harry Reid to gut the Senate filibuster.

http://www.mcconnell.senate.gov/publ...?p=ContactForm

Thanks, in advance, for taking action.

-- Dudley

P.S. If you would rather send a FREE Grassroots Fax to Mitch McConnell, please click on the image below.

http://www.nagr.org/filibusterfax.aspx?pid=i
    "McConnell pledges to block gun-control measures in email to supporters"

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    Sounds like Mitch is on our side !!!

Perhaps, it never hurts to let him and others know that we are watching though.

(Cumberland County)

The nagr.org link has a quick fax option at the bottom that faxes their petition to Mitch and all of your Reps in behalf of you. Takes 5 seconds to fill it out...just sayin

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Wayne County)

I'll be on the phone tomorrow with Mitch just to make sure. I LOVE BEING RETIRED. Plenty of spare time this time of year. Oh baby its cold outside.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I'll be on the phone tomorrow with Mitch just to make sure. I LOVE BEING RETIRED. Plenty of spare time this time of year. Oh baby its cold outside.
    Post his number. I will make a call too.

(Delaware County)

McConnel is smart enough to realize that he would not get the votes from his state's anti-gun zealots even if he was the deciding vote to break a fillibuster. The republicans in the house, for the most part, realize that as well. If any part of a ban on semi auto rifles or magazine capacity limits gets past the republican house, the grand ole party will implode.

Even the usually overconfidant and arrogant Rep. McCarthy from new york realizes political realities. She is already making statements to the effect that we (anti-gun zealots) will not get all of what we are looking for, relative to obama's agenda. By the same token, harry reid has already announced that his main goal is to get immigration reform passed. An easy out for the senator from nevada who only got back into the senate because of a third party candidate that ran in 2010. Reid only received about 44 percent of the vote. The third party candidate supported by the tea party subtracted enough votes from the republican candidate to clear the way for reid. An unintended consequence.
    Last edited by c45man; January 22nd, 2013 at 11:15 PM.