Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Langhorne range

(Bucks County)

Default Langhorne range

Anyone a member of Langhorn Gun in Bucks county?
    J

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Langhorne range

Yes, and in my opinion the club has some of the best grounds i have ever seen for a range, and the members are all A+ kind of guys. Lots of great fun activities to. This weekend (March 29th) at 9am will be a all day practical rifle event.
    Here is a link to more info if anyone is interested.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=14&t=301161

here is a link to the clubs website.

http://www.langhornerodandgunclub.org/

I myself will never ever go back to a indoor range.

Drakin
    Last edited by DrakinClaw; March 27th, 2008 at 11:32 AM.
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Bucks County)

I'm not a member, but as I'll be moving from Warrington to Warminster soon, I'm thinking about joining because Bucks County Fish and Game where I shoot now will be getting farther away.

(Philadelphia County)

I've been to LRG many times with DrakinClaw, its indeed one of the nicest and best kept outdoor ranges I've ever seen.

If it wasn't an 1+ hour away from me, I'd be a member and spend a LOT more time there.

Also, +1 on the members being extra nice. Have yet to meet a douche-bag (other than Drakin! )at that range.
    Last edited by LorDiego01; March 27th, 2008 at 01:08 PM.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Does one need to know a current member to join? Also, are there any open events that one can come shoot at before joining?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by VariableFeedback View Post
    Does one need to know a current member to join? Also, are there any open events that one can come shoot at before joining?
    No need to know another member to join. Just show up for the general meeting, and pay your dues.

There are PLENTY of open events to come check out. Action pistol, practical Carbine, precision rifle, Clays, Sporting Clays.....each has their own respecting days, and are once a month. Again the website goes into it in far better detail.

If you are free this weekend there will be a practical rifle event this Saturday, open to the public, by far my favorite event......
    The week after that is action pistol.

As posted by Fargo007 for the practical rifle event for Ar15.com

"Hi,

Allow me to hijack the thread by adding a generic announcement that answers your question, and provides general info I'll have to post anyway

Our next shoot is March 29th, starting at 10am. The total course of fire is around 150 rounds, and ranges from 15 yards to 200. We assemble on the long range, which is found by turning 180 after coming through the main gate, proceeding down the 1 lane stone road (carefully), go through the orange swing-gate, and proceed to the range.

If the lot is full, there is additional parking available - just drive past the firing line, and turn right. There's a big open area there.

There will be a precision CoF this shoot. It will be called separately, but run in complete congress with the practical firing line from a safety perspective. You can shoot either the practical CoF, or the precision. Precision fire will start after the close-in stages of practical. No pistol stage is scheduled for March.

It's subject to change, but for now there is anticipated to be 36 rounds at 15Y, and higher round count at 100Y than at 200Y.

A LOT of guys shoot either irons or eotech/aimpoints with us, and turn in great scores. IOW, the magnifier's not necessary. Just a little practice at 200 will get you very comfortable there. The swinging steel is great feedback for this. Yes, our targets are paper size equals of a fullsize cardboard IDPA sil. with more stringent scoring stadia, but keeping them all-on at 200 isn't the hardest thing in the world to do with the EOtech . ETA - You'll be scored in a class with shooters who use a similar optic. Three classes: 1 - Magnified. 2 - Non Magnified electronic Dot, 3 - Irons.

LE shooters are now authorized by the Board of Trustees to compete with a duty rifle that is select-fire so long as it is used on semi-auto only.

Civilian shooters with other types of NFA items are welcome. Remember to travel with a copy of your stamp.

New this month - Chamber flags are now MANDATORY EQUIPMENT. If you do not have one, you can rent one from the club for the day.

There is a short safety checkout for those joining us for the first time. Arrive by 9:30.

All rifles are to be brought to the firing line IN A CASE.

Other equipment needed:

An already zeroed Centerfire rifle (appropriate for either the practical or precision course)
    150 rounds of ammo (hint - if you want to get rid of some inaccurate stuff, use it up on the CQ stages)
    3-5 magazines (bring them unstacked, we load to stage requirements as we go)
    Range Safety gear (eyes/ears)
    Inclement weather gear (we shoot rain or shine)
    Paper shopping bags as replacements to cut down on the target costs
    Binos - spotting scope (in case you lose track of which target is yours)
    Sharpie marker
    Stapler, and its ammo
    $10 members, $15 public attendees.
    A shooting mat, or a tarp to cover up part of the firing line helps a lot. It's dirty. Don't come directly from church.

As always, we look forward to a safe, challenging, and fun day together.

--Fargo007"
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.