Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs down Bad experience at Guns, Inc. in Trappe, PA

Last edited by takhtakaal; September 19th, 2013 at 03:23 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Bad experience at Guns, Inc. in Trappe, PA

Jesus! where to begin.

First, he's obviously got self esteem issues if he feels he has to get all credentially on you "I'M A 235", I would have interupted him at that point and said my scores a 700, but what the hell do credit scores have to do with this! That would have confused him.

Then he admits he's got no customer service skill by telling you that you did his job while he ignored you both. And he's made at you for this!?

Third, and I could be wrong here because i'm not an attorney or a cop, but if someone hovered their hand over an open carried gun while yelling at me and I had given him NO REASON to do so, I'd take it as an assault, walk out to my car and call the police to file a criminal assault complaint ((Assault in PA is defined in part as - attempts by physical menace to put another in fear of imminent serious bodily injury + Physicl menace is “some physical act which is menacing or frightening.”)). You had a witness in the other customer. and a guy who flies off the handle that quick for no reason should not be act 235 certified or be carrying a gun period. Could you imagine the outcome if you had tripped falling in his direction, or suddenly thrown up your hands to say "No Mas", or a ballon popped. Sounds like he'd have shot you.

(Bucks County)

if the clown doesn't really own the shop you should contact the owner and let him know how his employee is behaving.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by takhtakaal View Post
    The clerk looks at him and tells him that OC is completely illegal in Philly. Unfortunately, I begged to differ with the clerk, and told him that OC was legal in Philly, and didn't get a chance to complete the thought.

The clerk yells, "PHILADELPHIA IS A CITY OF THE FIRST CLASS, YOU CAN'T OPEN CARRY THERE, I'M A 235, I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, IT'S BAD ENOUGH YOU WERE DOING MY JOB EVEN IF YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT, BUT I'M NOT GONNA HAVE YOU SPREADING BAD INFORMATION," and then really thunders, by now red in the face, with his left hand shaking and pointing at the door, THIS IS MY SHOP, GET OUT OF MY SHOP!

Apparently the clerk, whose right hand was hovering, cocked over his hip as he teed off on me...
    So, let me get this straight.

The clerk gave a customer patently false information, rose his voice at another customer who tried to correct and educate him, chastised said second customer for "spreading bad information," rose his voice even further to what sounds like screaming levels, then indicated via body language that he was considering using deadly force to deal with a customer who disagreed with his ignorance?

Sounds like someone who need to NOT be anywhere NEAR any guns at all, let alone carrying one and selling them to other people. Holy shit. I would have been on the phone with the owner immediately, man...that is ridiculous.

No, seriously. I would very, very strongly recommend that you call the store and ask to talk to the owner. If they really have an employee like that running around, he's extremely dangerous, not just to business, but to the lives of those in the store.

(Montgomery County)

On the flip side, I've been doing business in there since they opened. Every time I see any of the employees I get a smile, a handshake and great conversation. They are EXTREMELY knowledgeable about firearms and are very happy to have lengthy conversations about the pros and cons of each weapon in the case.

I have yet to see anyone in there act in any fashion that is not 100% customer focused.

I was in there today and spent a good deal of time looking through sub-compacts. I left with my list of possible purchases reduced to just two.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Not to hijack your thread ,you aren't alone ...
    I walked into a pawn gun shop in brodheadsville pa right next to Shirley insurance , a fat guy had his hand on his gun the entire time . I called him out on it and stated i felt threaten and I plan on buying some coins?! Do you plan on using lethal force ?!
    My hand was on my firearm as I walked out facing him .
    I hate owners that who ignore a customer and puts bad vibes before you even start looking .
    I've walked out of a couple of lgs for acting like someone owes them something .

There are better places ...
    There are also places where you could complain to ATF /police dept. and have there ffl pulled or put in review .
    Better yet get that mans name that you were talking to bout oc and file a lawsuit and a police report .

I love how when someone complains about a lgs you'll have people state that they've never had a problem at the lgs your complaining about.
    This eludes me it really does .
    Sorry that you were threaten for speaking about oc and looking to purchase a firearm from that lgs .
    Last edited by Her9852; January 19th, 2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Added comments
    Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Were you wearing 5.11 pants?I make you guys all the time.

I dont know what is worse, the guy freaking out, or me not knowing there was a gun shop in Trappe. J/K that guy should not have freaked out like that. The guy blurting out he is a 235 would have had me rolling with laughter. Who F*#&ing cares about your stupid act. 235 certification?
    You should have laughed in his face!!!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Montgomery County)

Last edited by takhtakaal; September 19th, 2013 at 03:23 PM.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Her9852 View Post

I love how when someone complains about a lgs you'll have people state that they've never had a problem at the lgs your complaining about.
    This eludes me it really does .
    It is very possible. There is a local shop to me that people have mentioned on here. And alot of people have had bad experiences there. Admittedly, the guy is an asshole. But I have stopped there to get specific things, or when other places are closed or busy.

Since I have done business with him, he treats me like gold. I have seen him act like an ass, and pointed it out to him. Then he gets sheepish, and calms down pretty quick.

As for the OP, I would be contacting the owner, and letting them know what happened. At least you kept your cool and didn't do anything crazy.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    It is very possible. There is a local shop to me that people have mentioned on here. And alot of people have had bad experiences there. Admittedly, the guy is an asshole. But I have stopped there to get specific things, or when other places are closed or busy.

Since I have done business with him, he treats me like gold. I have seen him act like an ass, and pointed it out to him. Then he gets sheepish, and calms down pretty quick.

As for the OP, I would be contacting the owner, and letting them know what happened. At least you kept your cool and didn't do anything crazy.
    I haven't had a problem in that shop assuming it's near the Dairy Queen Little pricey but who am I to say?
    ... haven't been to the one near the airport yet.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast