Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Response e-mail from Sen. Casey

Here is the response letter I received from Casey. No surprise, he's in favor of another assault weapon ban! What an idiot. Read the letter and see how screwed up it is...He claims to be pro-second amendment because "hunting" is an important tradition in Pa. How stupid!

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

As you know, on December 14, 2012, an individual in Newtown, Connecticut forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and opened fire on teachers and staff in the building. In total, the perpetrator murdered 20 students between the ages of six and seven years old, as well as six adults, many of whom heroically sought to stop the shooter and save the lives of children. Like many Americans, I was deeply affected by the scope and brutality of this act. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

The motives that led to this senseless massacre will likely never fully be comprehended. However, I believe that all public officials have a responsibility to work to prevent such an event from occurring again. This incident reflects a complex problem that requires a comprehensive strategy, including funding for law enforcement officers and the mental health care system. Too many individuals with mental illness are not receiving the services they need and tragically, sometimes a small number of these individuals turn violent. I have supported access to affordable and accessible mental health services for all Americans and I will continue to review proposed solutions to improve our mental health system.

As you may know, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. Pennsylvania has a fine hunting and sporting tradition, and I will defend the right to bear arms as it is enshrined in our Constitution. However, I also believe that the attack at Sandy Hook Elementary School highlights very serious dangers posed to public safety by the misuse of certain weapons and technology originally developed for warfare. According to reports, the shooter was able to kill many children and adults very quickly because he possessed a military-style semiautomatic weapon. He also allegedly used magazines containing up to 30 rounds of ammunition and carried hundreds of rounds more. After much reflection and careful study of the issue, I have decided to support a federal assault weapons ban as well as legislation restricting high capacity clips. In light of what occurred at Sandy Hook, these are two measures that will lessen the chances that this will happen again soon.

Our Nation has already begun a critical dialogue as we examine what steps must be taken to prevent this type of tragedy in the future. On December 19, 2012, President Obama announced the formation of an inter-agency task initiative, led by Vice President Biden, to study these issues and recommend possible actions. I look forward to reviewing these proposals, as well to working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to address this complex issue.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.
    Last edited by Dbltapster; January 18th, 2013 at 10:04 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Response e-mail from Sen. Casey

Yes I received the same email.

He has lost my vote.

You should have highlighted that he supports as assault weapons ban not that he supports the second amendment.

senator Casey supports a magazine and assault weapon ban!!!

(Delaware County)

I received the same response. It saddens me to see a representative that formerly was a fairly strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment waffle and go belly up because it is the politic thing to do. Senator Casey didn't have my vote in the first place and will not have it in the future.

(Bucks County)

That is a shame. I will not be voting for him that is for sure. I would like 1 just 1 person to explain to me how banning high capacity clips will prevent a massacre from occurring again.

(York County)

I received the same piss poor reply from this sell out on the 2nd Amendment.

I replied with this:

Senator Casey,

Thanks you for your response. However, I am DEEPLY disappointed in your position to support the proposed Federal restrictions to the 2nd Amendment.

As educated people, you and I both know that the 2nd Amendment has NOTHING to do with Pennsylvania's "fine hunting and sporting tradition", it has to do with We The People, protecting ourselves from over-reaching tyrants from within our own Government, as has happened many times over around the world since the beginning of time.

This was one of the many checks and balances our forefathers were insightful enough to include to keep us a free people and to ensure personal liberty.

I served this country and took an oath very similar to the one you have taken as an elected official. I stand by that oath to defend the Constitution and to protect this country against all enemies, both foreign and domestic, and I expect the same of you!

You know darn well that the proposed legislation will only burden and restrict law-abiding citizens and that in reality it will HAVE NO MEASURABLE EFFECT on reducing crime or tragic events, just like the 1994 Clinton Assault Weapon Ban had no effect in stopping the tragedy at Columbine and others that occurred.

As you also surely know, Connecticut has some of the most restrictive gun laws in place in our country, and none of those prevented the deranged Adam Lanza from carrying out his evil plan.

You sir, are playing politics to make it look as if you are "doing something", when in reality all you are doing is helping erode more of the personal liberties this country was founded on, and which I and millions of other Americans served to protect, and hundreds of thousands died for.

I encourage you to reflect on the true intent and importance of the 2nd Amendment, and to realize that the measures that have been proposed are nothing more than the feel-good legislation which will do absolutely nothing to deter true evil like the people who carry out these horrific events.

As Benjamin Franklin said:

“Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

You may be willing to give up your Liberty since you surely have a personal security detail and are on the "inside" of the very Government the 2nd Amendment is there to protect "We the People" from, but I and tens of millions of other Americans certainly are not.

(York County)

Fixed it for you to emphasis Sen. Casey is a SELL OUT / FUDD, and NOT a true supporter of the 2nd Amendment!

Quote Originally Posted by Dbltapster View Post
    Here is the response letter I received from Casey. No surprise, he's in favor of another assault weapon ban! What an idiot. Read the letter and see how screwed up it is...He claims to be pro-second amendment because "hunting" is an important tradition in Pa. How stupid!

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

As you know, on December 14, 2012, an individual in Newtown, Connecticut forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and opened fire on teachers and staff in the building. In total, the perpetrator murdered 20 students between the ages of six and seven years old, as well as six adults, many of whom heroically sought to stop the shooter and save the lives of children. Like many Americans, I was deeply affected by the scope and brutality of this act. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

The motives that led to this senseless massacre will likely never fully be comprehended. However, I believe that all public officials have a responsibility to work to prevent such an event from occurring again. This incident reflects a complex problem that requires a comprehensive strategy, including funding for law enforcement officers and the mental health care system. Too many individuals with mental illness are not receiving the services they need and tragically, sometimes a small number of these individuals turn violent. I have supported access to affordable and accessible mental health services for all Americans and I will continue to review proposed solutions to improve our mental health system.

As you may know, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. Pennsylvania has a fine hunting and sporting tradition, and I will defend the right to bear arms as it is enshrined in our Constitution. However, I also believe that the attack at Sandy Hook Elementary School highlights very serious dangers posed to public safety by the misuse of certain weapons and technology originally developed for warfare. According to reports, the shooter was able to kill many children and adults very quickly because he possessed a military-style semiautomatic weapon. He also allegedly used magazines containing up to 30 rounds of ammunition and carried hundreds of rounds more. After much reflection and careful study of the issue, I have decided to support a federal assault weapons ban as well as legislation restricting high capacity clips. In light of what occurred at Sandy Hook, these are two measures that will lessen the chances that this will happen again soon.

Our Nation has already begun a critical dialogue as we examine what steps must be taken to prevent this type of tragedy in the future. On December 19, 2012, President Obama announced the formation of an inter-agency task initiative, led by Vice President Biden, to study these issues and recommend possible actions. I look forward to reviewing these proposals, as well to working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to address this complex issue.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.
    Last edited by Broncitis; January 18th, 2013 at 09:42 PM.

(Luzerne County)

I got the same letter! Hes a effin Cser!

Dear Mr. X:

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator

(Allegheny County)

Seriously everybody, use the damn search function. This same exact letter is being dicussed:

Here: http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/1...ports-awb.html

Here: http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/2...an-page-3.html

Here: http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...nse-casey.html

Here: http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...-sob-past.html

Here: http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...tor-casey.html

Here: http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/198...pointment.html

Here: http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/198...sen-casey.html

Seriously folks use the features and try to abide by forum rules and courtesy.
    These reposts and classifed rule breaking being committed by mostly new members is getting totally out of hand.

We are all here for a common purpose. Lets not trash the place with all this crap getting put up. when someone makes a thread about Caseys response there should only be one.
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Yes I received the same email.

He has lost my vote.

You should have highlighted that he supports as assault weapons ban not that he supports the second amendment.

senator Casey supports a magazine and assault weapon ban!!!
    You're right! Correction made. Thanks.

(Bradford County)

Got the same response folks... Here is the reply I sent him through his website:

Thank you for your response regarding my disapproval of gun control.

Please be assured that you will not have my vote for supporting such an irrational, scapegoat cause as the so-called "assault weapons ban" and I will be forwarding your response to all my friends, family and associates and will also be displaying it on every social media I have access to.

You say you are a supporter of the second amendment, but in supporting this ban it is evident you state such to patronize voters. As can be clearly seen by the recent legislation in New York State, an assault weapons ban is just one step further down the slippery slope. A ten round arbitrary magazine limit now will be an arbitrarily seven round limit down the road. Later on, it will be even less.

In two years from now, when evil still exists, the media influenced population will have forgotten this bogus, pacifying legislation you have supported. However, the passionate, responsible citizens who have right their rights arbitrarily infringed upon will remember the betrayal bestowed upon them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast