Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9mm carbines?

(York County)

Default 9mm carbines?

I have been looking lately to see who makes 9mm carbines. I found the usual hi-point, CX4, and keltec in my search but that is about it. I also found a company or 2 that make 9mm uppers for AR but all are out of stock. I know supply right now is an issue with everything.
    Are there any other companies that make 9mm carbines that aren't in the multi thousand dollar area?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 9mm carbines?

(Bucks County)

Cmmg makes a really good carbine

(Berks County)

Personally if you can find a used Ruger PC-9 (9mm) and the PC-4 (.40) they are great.

I have a 9mm, it uses the same mags as the Ruger P series pistols. Been a real handy and well built rifle.

I don't know why Ruger stopped making them, it seemed shortly after they were discontinued a lot more folks started looking for pistol caliber carbines.

I have fired a Hi-Point, but didn't like it as much as the Ruger.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Chester County)

The direction I went was to build my own lower on an AGP arms stripped lower and buy the 9mm upper with the magazine adapter block from Rock River. The gun has been great but it takes you a few mags to get the magazine adapter block properly located but once you do you are golden. I would also reccomend a heavy buffer from Spikes and buffer tube spacer. The only failure I had was breaking the bolt release twice. Once I installed the spacer and heavy buffer the gun has been perfect for 2-3 years. Rock River indicated that I shouldn't need either the heavy buffer or the spacer in my 6 position stock but internet sources indicated that 9mm AR's almost always require these modifications. Again, except for early teething problem gun has been perfect for years. The other nice aspect is if you want to use it for other calibers you can unscrew the adapter in 10 seconds, pull the upper and you are ready to install anyother upper you want so if provides flexibility if you decide a 9mm AR is not for you.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    Personally if you can find a used Ruger PC-9 (9mm) and the PC-4 (.40) they are great.

I have a 9mm, it uses the same mags as the Ruger P series pistols. Been a real handy and well built rifle.

I don't know why Ruger stopped making them, it seemed shortly after they were discontinued a lot more folks started looking for pistol caliber carbines.

I have fired a Hi-Point, but didn't like it as much as the Ruger.
    If a more traditional carbine will work for you the Marlin Camp Carbine is pretty nice, albeit a little hard to find. I believe the 9mm version takes S&W 59 series mags. They are similar to the Rugers.

I'd love to get a Just Right carbine but the way the market is now it's just not in the cards.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    I second Just Right Carbines. They are very good quality and accept most AR accessories. An added bonus is the capability to change calibers from 9mm to 40 and 45.

(York County)

Just right carbines looks intriguing enough... guess i waited to the wrong time to decide I want anything semi auto. I already have my AR-15, but I wanted something a little cheaper to shoot so I could make my AR into a longer range weapon.

Guess I will have to wait around for the hysteria to die down or the right deal to pop up.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    If a more traditional carbine will work for you the Marlin Camp Carbine is pretty nice, albeit a little hard to find. I believe the 9mm version takes S&W 59 series mags. They are similar to the Rugers.

I'd love to get a Just Right carbine but the way the market is now it's just not in the cards.
    I second the Camp 9 if traditional is your flavor.

I had both, the Camp 9 and Camp 45, in the past. Both were excellent guns.

Accurate, reliable, good looking. And yes, the Camp 9 used the S&W 59 series mags. I bought mine to go with the S&W 459 that I had.

The Camp 45 uses 1911 mags(which I bought because of owning a 1911 too).

If you were to get one, the only thing you might want to do is replace the recoil buffer. They were made of plastic and over time and beatings tend to deteriorate.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast