Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Anti-Gun news channels claiming an AWB is nearly impossible to pass.

Has anyone else noticed that almost every major national news channel and their political experts are stating that an assault weapons ban is nearly impossible to pass? These are not just your more pro gun channels trying to give us hope, but even the most anti-gun channels.

I guess my real question is: Are the gun grabbers smart enough to down play a possible AWB in attempt to lull the casual gun owner into a false sense of security?

I know there is a bunch of political tactics in all of this, and maybe the anti-gun crowd is just aiming for what they are calling the "more passable" measures of gun control. Maybe they are just using the AWB as something that can easily be taken off the table of any gun control measure and claim they are compromising. But I feel at this point knowing, we as a country have already had an AWB, and what I see from the uneducated masses following recent tragedies; I don't know if we should feel so secure on an AWB not being passed.

Any thoughts?

(Northampton County)

Wink Re: Anti-Gun news channels claiming an AWB is nearly impossible to pass.

They're finally accepting the fact that we're not just going to accept their crap. I've been telling everybody I know to calm down, that it will never happen.

Im guessing by March everything will be returning to normal, and come April I'm gonna go pick up a Glock 22 with those elusive/evil 15 round mags and go on with my life.

No AWB or mag cap restriction for the forseeable future. It'll never pass Congress.

At least the libs are beginning to accept the failures of their stupidity.

Default Re: Anti-Gun news channels claiming an AWB is nearly impossible to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PointHunter View Post
    They're finally accepting the fact that we're not just going to accept their crap. I've been telling everybody I know to calm down, that it will never happen.

Im guessing by March everything will be returning to normal, and come April I'm gonna go pick up a Glock 22 with those elusive/evil 15 round mags and go on with my life.

No AWB or mag cap restriction for the forseeable future. It'll never pass Congress.

I agree with your assessment, but we definitely need to continue to apply maximum effort with this fight (writing members of Congress, joining and donating to organizations, etc.). You can never be too safe.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Anti-Gun news channels claiming an AWB is nearly impossible to pass.

I think they are toying with ya. Let ya calm back down just to work you back up again over and over. Chicago Dems love beating people down atleast emotionally.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system

Exec order #3 basically bribe the states to cooperate?

And thats how ya pass a ban

(Northampton County)

It is true that it seems there is not quite enough support for a a full-AWB. But it is also true that many legislators think mag limits and registration might be OK, and we need to school these dumbasses.

Finally, they have not yet begun to fight. Obama is about to mobilize the remnants of his campaign machine and we know Doucheburg has tens of millions ready to go but we haven't seen them yet. If they are successful enough to make some of the Congress critters think they have cover from their constituents then we will have a real problem.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 10PointHunter View Post

Perhaps they won't get it this time, but they will be back, believe it! I remember before the 96 ban everyone said the same crap. "They'll never pass it." Also Lord Barry has four more years of judge appointments and that damage will last for decades, not to mention the 2014 mid term elections. We are not out of the woods buy a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye54 View Post
    Perhaps they won't get it this time, but they will be back, believe it! I remember before the 96 ban everyone said the same crap. "They'll never pass it." Also Lord Barry has four more years of judge appointments and that damage will last for decades, not to mention the 2014 mid term elections. We are not out of the woods buy a long shot.
    If the Republicans keep up with the same bullshit they WILL lose the house in 2014 and then we are toast

The reason they say it wont pass is because they want to put a fire under more anti's a$$!!!!!!

ARE BACK'S ARE AGAINST THE WALL!

DON'T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Northumberland County)

Hence the need to keep after our public servants. Email, write, or call them about everything, not just gun control issues. It takes less time to send them a quick email in the morning than it does to check Facebook!

(Northumberland County)

Hence the need to keep after our public servants. Email, write, or call them about everything, not just gun control issues. It takes less time to send them a quick email in the morning than it does to check Facebook!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast