Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Safir Arms T14

(Cumberland County)

Default Safir Arms T14

Not sure how many of you have a Safir Arms T14 - the AR style 410 shotgun. I have had mine for a while, but always had issues trying to load high capacity magazines - the shells just would not fit properly and they would hang up. After several months going back and forth with ATI - and them sending me multiple hi-cap mags free to try to fix, no luck. Then finally, info. came out that only certain shells would fit properly. I did not know that all 2 1/2 inch shells had varying lengths! All the ones I purchased were too long. I finally picked up some different ones after measuring, and found two that fit nicely :
    Federal 410 handgun loads 000 buck
    Federal Hi-Brass Load 6 shot
    So if anyone was having the same problems as I was - try these !

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Safir Arms T14

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you were using 5 round or the 10 or 13 round mags with your T-14? And if you get any support from ATI now that Safir and ATI have parted ways?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ranchdude View Post
    I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you were using 5 round or the 10 or 13 round mags with your T-14? And if you get any support from ATI now that Safir and ATI have parted ways?
    I have yet to find mags above 5 rounds that will hold the ammo properly! ATI has sent me several free because the one's I bought from them won't hold the rounds. I finally found a list of ammo that Safir put out on specific ammo that would and would not fit the higher capacity mags correctly. I honestly haven't tried any of it yet. If you are having trouble, pm me your email and I can scan and send the preferred ammo list to you. Good luck!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

I just went and checked my 13 round mags because my memory was fuzzy. The Federal 410 handgun loads 000 buck and Federal Hi-Brass Load 6 shot
    both fit in the mags good, but if I remember correctly, they had trouble feeding. I'll have to take the gun out to the range again now that you have me thinking about it!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Any chance you can help me find mags for mine. Five shots and reload is no fun. Cant seem to put hands on any. Any help would be great.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by will6336 View Post
    Any chance you can help me find mags for mine. Five shots and reload is no fun. Cant seem to put hands on any. Any help would be great.
    I called ATI directly - but from what I read here, they are no longer affiliated with Safir ? I'd still give them a try. I had a direct email to safir a while back, I'll see if I can dig it up.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Thanks. Any chance you have a number for ati? I emailed them but havent heard from them yet. I cant stand only one mag. It just makes the whole thing pointless. If i knew mags were going to be a problem i might not have got it. Cept i got it for cheap.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by will6336 View Post
    Thanks. Any chance you have a number for ati? I emailed them but havent heard from them yet. I cant stand only one mag. It just makes the whole thing pointless. If i knew mags were going to be a problem i might not have got it. Cept i got it for cheap.
    Can't remember what number I called, it's been a while. Here's one:

1-800-290-0065
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Thanks ill give them a try . If you hear of anybody selling any let me know please

(Monroe County)

I have nothing but 13 round mags, but I'm not sure they are worth having yet. I've found that the Safir .410 follower is designed to lift the front nose of the shell much higher than a standard AR type follower in order to feed the ramp properly. However, once you load more than 5 or 6 shells there isn't enough spring pressure to keep the nose high on the top shell... So I took apart a 13 round Safir mag, which is designed very much like the Magpul mags. What I found was the spring is shorter and has less spring rate than a standard 30 round Magpul spring. This is even though the 13 round mag is physically longer than a 30 round 5.56 mag... Plus, the bottom plate and follower aren't attached to the spring like with a Magpul design. So the spring can float around a bit on either end and cause binding. The Safir follower wont fit into a Magpul mag housing, at least not without some modifications. However, you could probably put a better spring from a 30 or 40 round 5.56 mag into the 13 round mag and perhaps decrease feed problems when loaded above 5-6 shells.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast