Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Safir Arms T14

Threaded View

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Safir Arms T14

Well there isn't much chatter here but I'll go on rambling just the same...

I had a little extra money this paycheck (thanks to the Republican tax reform) so I reinvested it into our economy.

I picked up some of the IFC 9 round and some of the ATI 15 round mags.

20180201_235208.jpg

I have to say that it looks like ATI did put some thought into their new magazines. The bolt catch tail hook on the follower looks like it will work much more reliably. The wall thickness of the ATI magazine is much thicker than either the Safir or IFC. And, I was wondering how they were going to try to keep a constant pressure on a 15 round magazine as it runs close to empty and to my surprise they actually appear to have a progressive rate spring in the magazine. Actual engineering!

The IFC magazines are pretty close to Safir in design although it appears the polymer used in the magazine body might be a bit better. They are using the same design for the tail hook that was used on the Safir, so they probably won't lock back the bolt any better than the Safir magazines did. There are a few holes added in the magazine body to see how full the magazine is although there are no round count indicators, more like full, 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4 full.

I'm still going to be surprised if these 15 round magazines feed well (even in an Omni Hybrid), but if they do at least I'll be pleasantly surprised. Full disclosure, the 15 round magazines are extremely long, not really practical at all. Although how practical is a .410 AR anyway right? It will be 15 rounds of "hell ya" which even the citizens of the Peoples Republic of New Jersey can enjoy (for now)...

And although the 9 round magazines aren't all that much more than 5, it's more than nothing, which is what a lot of people out there had when they bought a T14 without magazines.

So it is definitely looking up for those of us with a T14 provided these run well in a T14, which I think they may.

[Edit] Here is a comparison of the size of the IFC 9, Safir 13 and ATI 15 side by side.

20180202_095553.jpg

I'm hoping to get to the range this weekend.

RD Out...
    Last edited by ranchdude; February 2nd, 2018 at 11:30 AM.