Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safir Arms T14

Hybrid View

(Cumberland County)

Default Safir Arms T14

Not sure how many of you have a Safir Arms T14 - the AR style 410 shotgun. I have had mine for a while, but always had issues trying to load high capacity magazines - the shells just would not fit properly and they would hang up. After several months going back and forth with ATI - and them sending me multiple hi-cap mags free to try to fix, no luck. Then finally, info. came out that only certain shells would fit properly. I did not know that all 2 1/2 inch shells had varying lengths! All the ones I purchased were too long. I finally picked up some different ones after measuring, and found two that fit nicely :
    Federal 410 handgun loads 000 buck
    Federal Hi-Brass Load 6 shot
    So if anyone was having the same problems as I was - try these !

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Safir Arms T14

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you were using 5 round or the 10 or 13 round mags with your T-14? And if you get any support from ATI now that Safir and ATI have parted ways?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ranchdude View Post
    I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you were using 5 round or the 10 or 13 round mags with your T-14? And if you get any support from ATI now that Safir and ATI have parted ways?
    I have yet to find mags above 5 rounds that will hold the ammo properly! ATI has sent me several free because the one's I bought from them won't hold the rounds. I finally found a list of ammo that Safir put out on specific ammo that would and would not fit the higher capacity mags correctly. I honestly haven't tried any of it yet. If you are having trouble, pm me your email and I can scan and send the preferred ammo list to you. Good luck!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

I just went and checked my 13 round mags because my memory was fuzzy. The Federal 410 handgun loads 000 buck and Federal Hi-Brass Load 6 shot
    both fit in the mags good, but if I remember correctly, they had trouble feeding. I'll have to take the gun out to the range again now that you have me thinking about it!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Any chance you can help me find mags for mine. Five shots and reload is no fun. Cant seem to put hands on any. Any help would be great.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by will6336 View Post
    Any chance you can help me find mags for mine. Five shots and reload is no fun. Cant seem to put hands on any. Any help would be great.
    I called ATI directly - but from what I read here, they are no longer affiliated with Safir ? I'd still give them a try. I had a direct email to safir a while back, I'll see if I can dig it up.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Hey, I'm new to the forum an I was just wondering, I bought a safir arms T14 with out doing my home work, just cuz it seemed like a really cool gun to have, but my problem is, it didn't have a magazine with it. So I was wondering if you may know where I could get one for it or if not, if I was to sale it, how much would it be worth to sale?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nativeblood View Post
    Hey, I'm new to the forum an I was just wondering, I bought a safir arms T14 with out doing my home work, just cuz it seemed like a really cool gun to have, but my problem is, it didn't have a magazine with it. So I was wondering if you may know where I could get one for it or if not, if I was to sale it, how much would it be worth to sale?
    Sorry to hear that. Well as far as I know, the only place to get mags is directly from Safir in Turkey. And, ordering from there is taking quite a chance considering the political environment right now... If you paid and didn't get the mags, you'd basically just be out your money. And legally, I'm not sure you can import them yourself without an import license since they are considered ITAR regulated.

They are neat guns, but as you've found out, they are totally unsupported in this country. Which is why I'll never buy anything from ATI again.

No one is willing to part with mags simply because there are no replacements available in the US. If you search around you can find one guy that converts Lancer mags but I think he also work the bolts as well to make them work together. If you read back through this thread you should find that info. But I've had no luck converting any other mags, I've come close but it takes a lot of work, and they don't feed reliably. (not that the factory mags do that either).

Is this a complete shotgun, or just the upper?

Without any mags its a single shot paper weight, so it's not worth much other than for spare parts. And for spare parts, I'd only value it at about $200. But that's just me, its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

RD

It is the complete shotgun, an thanks for the info, I've actually messaged safir arms a couple of times an they did mention that they were planing to be back state side in 2007 but don't know how true that be or not...

(Monroe County)

Well Trump winning increases the chances of that happening a bit. But I wouldn't get your hopes too high. Safir has rarely followed through with anything they have announced. And they haven't even publicly announced a return yet. A few years back they claimed they had obtained a FFL, a building in NJ and we're going to start to manufacture in the US... then with no explanation at all they simply disappeared.
    Last edited by ranchdude; December 23rd, 2016 at 08:55 PM. Reason: error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast