Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Safir Arms T14

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Safir Arms T14

I also have an email out to ATI about this since they imported these as the AT14 they should have an approval letter from the atf which states in what configuration they are 922r compliant.

Thanks Ranchdude. I had (way back) pulled the T14 handguard off as it did not allow the piston to clear. I had started working on a
    replacement situation but got sidetracked somehow with life and the upper has remained at the back the safe. Finally located mags I
    had and did not remember I actually have (2) high caps. Based on what has been written in this thread, I am once again interested in
    getting the T14 running and will watch for mag alterations that are evolving. In that vein, was wondering if some .50 Beowulf AR mag
    components could be used?

(Monroe County)

Hi Debo

.50 Beowolf mags might work, or the .458 SOCOM, I haven't tried either of those yet. The thing that complicates it is that the .410 shells have the protruding rim, which is why the Lancer mags just aren't a good starting point in my opinion. The .410 shells just slip around the back side of their metal "lips" on those or get hung up and won't move forward.

I'm working on modifying Tapco mags right now. The one I made holds 11 rounds. I made a custom follower, but that's only half the battle. Trying to keep the .410 shells in a single stack and not staggering is the harder part I'm finding out. It seems I'm going to have to add some protrusions to the inside of the magazine to do that, which won't be easy. And then I'll have to modify the follower to fit around those protrusions. It's just not looking like it will be easy, or very cost effective. I'm really hoping that if ATI ever actually releases their Omni Hybrid .410, we can use those mags.

20160321_094415s.jpg

(Monroe County)

I did some research last night on .50 Beowulf and .458 SOCOM magazines. Seems most are converted .223/5.56 magazines so this will not solve the staggering issues for us. The only one that seems to be designed specifically for .50 is the Press Check Ventures which is only 5 rounds, made in Canada, and very, very expensive...
    Last edited by ranchdude; March 22nd, 2016 at 04:41 PM. Reason: typo

(Monroe County)

The ATI Omni MAXX .410 shotgun is a gas operated, short stroke, balance piston system designed to use 2.5" .410 shells. It functions with a wide variety of .410 loads from bird shot to slugs. The proprietary gas system and bolt carrier group are patent pending. The initial version will include an 18.5" barrel threaded from Remington style chokes. The complete rifle will be built on ATI's Omni Hybrid lower with a six position adjustable Super Stoc and ambidextrous sling attachment plate. The upper handguard will be a 10" free floating rail. The shotgun will be available as both a complete unit as well as a separate upper receiver assembly. Each .410 MAXX Shotgun will come with a 5RD magazine, however 15RD magazines will be sold separately. - See more at: http://www.americantactical.us/5185/detail.html
    So it appears it is released, but out of stock. And they will be selling 15 round magazines for it. It doesn't appear that it will have the same BCG as a Safir since they are patenting it but they intend on selling uppers separately, so it must mount on a standard lower as the T-14 did. So, let's keep hoping for the best...

(Monroe County)

If anyone purchased an ATI AT-14 as a complete firearm (not just an upper), would you please message me.

Nice work Ranch dude!

I have some free time this weekend to wrestle the T-14 again.

I took apart the bcg and bolt and took it to my polishing wheel with some green buffing compound and it seems to be running much better. Contemplating sending it off for some NiB.

I have a spare upper/ lower combo and am going to dive into making it work for my T-14.

I will be milling out the ejection port and modifying the feed ramp.

I have my eyes on the Wilson Combat T.R.I.M. - Tactical Rail Interface, Modular - 13.8", how much work is needed to fit (sounds pretty minimal since you used the same if not something similar in your conversion)?

I was also wondering how your prototype for you ejector gadget is working?

I picked up some 10 mil tape to add inside of my lancer conversion to see how much more to add to get the shells to stack correctly.

I'll update you with my results.

Hello all!
    I know this is an older thread, but I just happened crossed it while I was searching for info for my T-14 Upper. And looking for a way to mod some existing magazines to use. I read the whole post drooling as the progress marched forward!
    @ranchdude & AR Bro...
    Great stuff and very informative.. I see ranchdude hasn't been on in a while. He did mention he was going to start a new thread and give us a link. I hope he still plans to do that. I can wait to see what he had to do to make his 410 build work.

Thx for the info and the great reading. I'm sure I'll be checking back in to see how things progress. And ask questions of course! LOL

RAE06 Out...

Hey, I'm new to the forum an I was just wondering, I bought a safir arms T14 with out doing my home work, just cuz it seemed like a really cool gun to have, but my problem is, it didn't have a magazine with it. So I was wondering if you may know where I could get one for it or if not, if I was to sale it, how much would it be worth to sale?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nativeblood View Post
    Hey, I'm new to the forum an I was just wondering, I bought a safir arms T14 with out doing my home work, just cuz it seemed like a really cool gun to have, but my problem is, it didn't have a magazine with it. So I was wondering if you may know where I could get one for it or if not, if I was to sale it, how much would it be worth to sale?
    Sorry to hear that. Well as far as I know, the only place to get mags is directly from Safir in Turkey. And, ordering from there is taking quite a chance considering the political environment right now... If you paid and didn't get the mags, you'd basically just be out your money. And legally, I'm not sure you can import them yourself without an import license since they are considered ITAR regulated.

They are neat guns, but as you've found out, they are totally unsupported in this country. Which is why I'll never buy anything from ATI again.

No one is willing to part with mags simply because there are no replacements available in the US. If you search around you can find one guy that converts Lancer mags but I think he also work the bolts as well to make them work together. If you read back through this thread you should find that info. But I've had no luck converting any other mags, I've come close but it takes a lot of work, and they don't feed reliably. (not that the factory mags do that either).

Is this a complete shotgun, or just the upper?

Without any mags its a single shot paper weight, so it's not worth much other than for spare parts. And for spare parts, I'd only value it at about $200. But that's just me, its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

RD

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast