Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Safir Arms T14

Default Re: Safir Arms T14

It is the complete shotgun, an thanks for the info, I've actually messaged safir arms a couple of times an they did mention that they were planing to be back state side in 2007 but don't know how true that be or not...

(Monroe County)

Well Trump winning increases the chances of that happening a bit. But I wouldn't get your hopes too high. Safir has rarely followed through with anything they have announced. And they haven't even publicly announced a return yet. A few years back they claimed they had obtained a FFL, a building in NJ and we're going to start to manufacture in the US... then with no explanation at all they simply disappeared.
    Last edited by ranchdude; December 23rd, 2016 at 08:55 PM. Reason: error

So Safir told you they would be back in the US in (I assume you mean) 2017? I hope that is true, as like everyone else, I'd love to have some hi-cap mags that actually work with the gun. OTOH, they've lost all credibility with me. Selling guns and then just leaving everyone hanging and running back home just isn't cool. I don't recall the story. But I do recall that at the time, I blamed Safir much more than ATI. I believe Safir left ATI hanging just like they left us hanging. If Safir comes back, they had better be committed this time around.

Is the Omni for sale now? I called for months asking ATI about it and it kept being delayed. I took just a quick look, and didn't see an ATI Omni for sale, but Bud's is selling the Safir T14 for around $700 now. Don't know if they just came across a batch, or if Safir is importing them again.

(Monroe County)

Well, according to ATI the Omni Hybrid 410 is going to be available this year. But its been vaporware the last two years they've shown it at the SHOT show and from my understanding it wasn't available at range day so I still have my doubts.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...kly+Newsletter

From the photos on TFB, it appears the ATI magazines are VERY similar in design to Safir with double feed lips and a tall follower much like Safir's. Hopefully they will be compatible with Safir but of higher quality. Who knows, maybe these are Safir magazines, and ATI and Safir are working together on this project. Which could explain why Safir stated they would be back in the USA in 2017?

Only time will tell.

RD out

(Monroe County)

@jb2c

Hey nice catch, I had not noticed that Bud's was actually carrying T14's in stock. That's interesting because I just did a pretty thorough check around the interweb not long before you posted that and Bud's had them listed, but none in stock.

I see in their photo it shows a threaded barrel protector instead of a flash hider. Probably to sell to communistic states such as NJ, but that may be a 922 compliance change too.

It says it ships with two magazines, one for AR15 and one for the shotgun. You can take off the upper and use it in your AR with AR mag. That really doesn't make any sense at all. You can't use an AR15 mag with .410 regardless of the lower used. So I'm wondering if its actually a low capacity and high capacity magazine instead and the high capacity mag (They are calling a AR15 mag because it looks like a 30 round AR mag) has to be used with a US lower in order to be 922 compliant. They don't really state round capacity anywhere. So maybe you could purchase a Safir high capacity mag from Buds now, since they are importing whole guns, they might import the mags as well...

RD out

Got my fingers crossed that the ATI mags will work in the T14. I called and ATI said late spring/early summer. Which is about what they said when I called a year ago. As you say, time will tell.

(Monroe County)

Yeah an ATI guy on TFB is saying it will be on the website when they get back from SHOT. So this is sounding promising. I asked him if the mags will work in a T14 but no reply yet. I checked with Buds and they don't have magazines to sell nor any means to order them...

(Monroe County)

http://www.americantactical.us/5512/detail.html. They put it up but still out of stock...

At least they seem to be moving in the right direction (at a snail's pace).

Guys,

Gambled when I saw this:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/ati-m410...ck-finish.html

I purchased two, but not sure if they have them in stock or not. Hopefully this way i have secured some when they do.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast