Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Question Gun Ban Furthers Seperation of the Classes?

I cant help but feel a gun ban makes lower income citizens (not talking poor just not wealthy) less able to protect themselves because we dont have the options they have. I'm talking "safe rooms" or "panic rooms".

For the wealthy they can sit pretty in their safe room probably in what the rest of us would consider luxory accomidations behind their concrete walls and thick steel plate door drinking margaritas and just wait for law enforcement to come clean up the mess.

Meanwhile here in America I feel my best affordable option is to be armed and well enough armed that I can deal with any and all threats to my children in my own home.

As an economics standpoint anyone can scrape together the money to legally obtain a firearm and ammo but I for one cannont afford the money or space to install a safe room or panic room in my home. Honestly I would invest in a panic room if only I would be able to afford the real estate tax and school tax increases adding square feet to my home would cost me year after year.

I certainly don't have any negative feeling for people that have a panic room as long as they are not trying to limit my COMMON SENSE only affordable alternative to me a firearm. Thats right I said limit.

I feel it is not only my right as a citizen but my parental right to decide how many bullets in my gun make my home the most secure it can be for my "CHILDREN". While on school grounds its up to the government how they are going to protect my children, the rest of the time its the parents not just right but legal responsibility to do so.

The data used to condem high capacity firearms is the same data that would support its defensive capabilities. Right?
    Only intent determines an offensive weapon from a defensive one?

Here is a cost estimate from FEMA on cost to build a "safe room" or what the rest of us would call a storm shelter.

Costs for construction vary across the United States. The cost for constructing a safe room that can double as a master closet, bathroom, or utility room inside a new home or small business ranges from approximately $6,600 to $8,700 (in 2011 dollars). This cost range is applicable to the basic designs in FEMA P-320 (FEMA, 2008a) for an 8-foot by 8-foot safe room (approximately 64 square feet of protected space). Larger, more refined designs for greater comfort cost more, with 14‑foot by 14-foot safe rooms ranging in cost from approximately $12,000 to $14,300. The cost of the safe room can vary significantly

Thats just for wind not designed for defense against people.

so panic room thousands of dollars I dont have, but the $400 Browning HP Ex cond I bought legally from an add in the paper and the $279 gun safe next to my bed is priceless when it comes to MY CHILDRENS SAFETY.

Anyone else feel like this affects one class more than the other?

Are they taking away my parental right to decide what is the best way to protect my children in my own home?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gun Ban Furthers Seperation of the Classes?

It's certainly elitist, and also to further enforce the elitist ability to use government as a club to beat up whoever they want without resistance.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent