Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Mayor Nutter Proposes Economic Principles to Pressure Firearms Industry

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...arms-industry/

"PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — On this, the one-month anniversary of the Sandy Hook school massacre in Connecticut, Philadelphia mayor Michael Nutter has announced a code of corporate conduct — to be known as the “Sandy Hook Principles” — for gun and ammunition manufacturers, distributors, and retailers.

The list of 20 principles includes stopping the sale, production, design, and conversion of assault weapons for use by civilians, and conducting background checks for all gun and ammunition sales or transfers.

The mayor is asking all cities, states, and institutions that hold investments with companies involved in the firearms business to adopt the Sandy Hook Principles and make those companies do the same.

“Once a company is notified that its operations are subject to the Sandy Hook Principles, that company must endorse and adhere to the principles within the time determined by the appropriate authority,” the mayor said, “or economic disinvestment actions will commence.”

Later this week, Nutter will introduce a resolution at a meeting of the US Conference of Mayors, of which he is president, to review the principles. And next week, city solicitor Shelley Smith will ask the city’s pension board to endorse and adopt the principles and begin notifying companies that are subject to them.

If a company rejects the principles, Nutter says, the City of Philadelphia should not support that company with its investments.

The mayor is hoping this idea will sprout into a nationwide movement, much like the Sullivan Principles helped get rid of the apartheid regime in South Africa. The Sullivan Principles outlined a human rights and equal opportunity code of conduct for companies doing business with South Africa."

I got out of that filthy city two years ago and have not looked back!

Default Re: Mayor Nutter Proposes Economic Principles to Pressure Firearms Industry

And those companies should stop selling firearms to the police and agencies of those cities, and additionally stop servicing the firearms already owned by them.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Mayor Nutter Proposes Economic Principles to Pressure Firearms Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    And those companies should stop selling firearms to the police and agencies of those cities, and additionally stop servicing the firearms already owned by them.
    If I remember correctly, when California banned the .50 cal rifle, Barrett firearms refused to sell any new rifles or parts to LE departments in California and officially canceld the warantees on the ones they already owned..

(Delaware County)

I like the second post indeed. I am glad I do not live in Philadelphia.

(Montgomery County)

When you have an idiot making idiot proposals you come up with idiotic ideas. So what does gun manufacturers have to do with background checks?
    Hafa Adai! IANAL I merely state my opinion. If I am wrong, please correct me.

(Westmoreland County)

Maybe we should start writing firearms manufactures in the US, push the issue on that end as well. I'm sure there are many of us who would gladly buy up all those rounds that have been ordered and not yet delivered. We'd even pay retail prices (not CTDirtbags prices).

We can find out fairly quickly which manufacture stands where and endorse those who stand along side the Second Amendment.
    Home brewing; because Jeeps and ammunition aren't cheap. WILL WORK FOR AMMO & FIREARMS!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    Agreed. The firearms industry should counter by not supplying police with arms or ammo. The even the anti's will have to get guns to protect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyVet View Post
    If I remember correctly, when California banned the .50 cal rifle, Barrett firearms refused to sell any new rifles or parts to LE departments in California and officially canceld the warantees on the ones they already owned..
    That is exactly what I was remembering when I wrote my post. All gun manufacturers should cut off the agencies of any city whose mayor signs that pledge.

(Bucks County)

Leave it to Numbnuts to say stupid things like these. He's too concerned pandering to his voting base with things like using Eminent Domain to seize privately held land to build LOW INCOME HOUSING.
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

(Philadelphia County)

Fuck that filthy dog. I seriously need to move.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast