Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Assault weapons ban..

Ok so idk if this is the right section for this so moderators please feel free To move this thread if necessary.
    Pres. Obama apparently is passing an assault weapons ban. I purchased an AR 15 about three months ago and a Springfield M1 a socom 2 weeks ago. I also have about 20 p mags And 4 20 round magazines for the socom. All of this gear wasn't cheap. What happens to people like me who have all these firearms and mags and ammo when something like this goes through congress and passes? Will I have to turn in my weapons and magazines? Will I be ostracized and put into a state or federal registry? Any suggestions or comments?

(Blair County)

Default Re: Assault weapons ban..

It will all be confiscated and you will loose everything, sell it all to me now and Ill ease your mind
    whatever we LET happen is what will happen.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydas1 View Post
    Any suggestions or comments?

Pay no attention to Edg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydas1 View Post
    Ok so idk if this is the right section for this so moderators please feel free To move this thread if necessary.
    Pres. Obama apparently is passing an assault weapons ban. I purchased an AR 15 about three months ago and a Springfield M1 a socom 2 weeks ago. I also have about 20 p mags And 4 20 round magazines for the socom. All of this gear wasn't cheap. What happens to people like me who have all these firearms and mags and ammo when something like this goes through congress and passes? Will I have to turn in my weapons and magazines? Will I be ostracized and put into a state or federal registry? Any suggestions or comments?

Where do you get your news?

Sheesh.

Instead of posting here, PLEASE use one of the many links found on the forum to contact law makers to STOP this before it actually happens.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Schuylkill County)

To answer your question quickly Lloydas we don't know. It depends on the actual bill that is proposed and what compromises are made and if it even passes. Its possible you could be arrested if magazines are banned and the law requires you destroy those magazines. Its possible you could lose your guns but all of this has to happen through congress and the senate. My advice is if you are a registered voter contact you congressman and senator and tell them how you feel. If enough voices speak out you can stop the government from taking your property.

(Montgomery County)

It is time for you (the original poster) to learn the basic workings of the Government of the United States. In short, the President does not pass law. The President may veto a bill and that veto may be defeated through a legislative super-majority vote. Spend some time learning about how your system of government works, it makes you a better citizen.

As to your question, you are asking a question about what may happen (albeit unlikely) in the future with a regulation that does not exist. To answer your question: No one knows!

Oh, and go join the NRA here:

http://membership.nrahq.org/
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Jefferson County)

IF an Assault Weapon Ban does get enacted - expect it to mirror the prior 1994-2004 ban, minus the expiration, and maybe with a couple small additions.

You'll be able to own/keep the gun and mags you presently have. No new "assault weapons" or high cap mags will be allowed for the general population.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    IF an Assault Weapon Ban does get enacted - expect it to mirror the prior 1994-2004 ban, minus the expiration, and maybe with a couple small additions.

You'll be able to own/keep the gun and mags you presently have. No new "assault weapons" or high cap mags will be allowed for the general population.

Tell that to the people in New York. They can't keep theirs.

I would also assume similar conditions as the previous "ban", but there's no way to know.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Beaver County)

I can't but help wonder what will happen to the several companies that sprang up after the previous ban ended. Shot Show could be lacking in years to come.

(Northampton County)

NVM . . . all 10rd mags are grandfathered, but those with 10+rd mags must sell out of state.
    Last edited by BionicMan; January 16th, 2013 at 03:32 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast