Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Want to end "gun violence"?

A lot of people asked if I don't believe that "we should do something about guns to curb 'gun violence'", then suggest a solution. I have a multi-point suggestion that I want to share here.

Want to end "gun violence"?

1. End the War on Drugs, which breeds most of the violent criminals and perpetuate gang "culture" that seeps into society. It keeps the poor poorer and criminals richer. It wastes enforcement resources and jail space that can be better used to lock away violent criminals.

2. Fix our revolving door "justice"' system that does not rehab or punish criminals to the fullest extent of the law. The current system hardens and breeds criminals at the expenses of law abiding citizens. Demand of our lazy prosecutors and courts that existing laws are enforced. Hold them responsible for putting criminals back on the streets.

3. Stop spending billions of dollars in foreign aids and many more billions on wars. Put that money into improving our nation's well-being, physically and especially mentally. Put that money into better education for everyone, but especially our children. Use that money to create an economy of a prosperous country and people will have lesser desire to take/want things from others.

If we do all of this to enable a more wealthy and peaceful nation that is kinder to each other, we will reduce the threats toward each other significantly. We will have a nation that respects the laws that govern us and therefore we will respect each other enough to stop using violence against each other.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

Default Re: Want to end "gun violence"?

Too many common sense ideas, our leaders are idiots

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    Too many common sense ideas, our elected "representatives" are idiots
    Fixed it for you. "Leaders" need not apply.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Bucks County)

I full agree with your points. The drug war is a pointless multi-billion dollar farce that has stripped Americans of many rights for the sole purpose of keeping drugs out of the hands of people. In fact the drug war has only served to make more criminals.

I also agree this prison system is a farce. No one is rehabilitated its a vicious cycle that never ends.

And I never bought into this silly idea that the developed nations of the world are somehow responsible for helping everyone else other than it makes people feel good about themselves while ignoring the fact we have our own problems we need to fix.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berks_Iraq_Vet View Post
    Fixed it for you. "Leaders" need not apply.
    Well they sure are walking us off a cliff with a short leash, "leading the way".
    Home brewing; because Jeeps and ammunition aren't cheap. WILL WORK FOR AMMO & FIREARMS!

Too much common sense is right. It is the way it is because there's too much money being made by one person or another, and that person gets the power to call the shots because of said money.

(Tioga County)

I'd like to add this: Put an end to "Made in China" and return to "Made in USA".
    MikeP

(Schuylkill County)

I keep thinking about all the weapons the US has put in the hands of foreign citizens over the years in the hopes they can liberate themselves from their own oppressive governments but our own government wants to take tamed down versions of the same weapons out of the hands of our own citizens?

Wasn't the reason we had to arm foreign freedom fighters because their own governments disarmed them?

I keep thinking about Syria and Egypt and what differences are there between these governments and the US?

Corruption? No we have plenty of that to go around.

As far as I can tell the biggest difference is the US spends $16 billion or so on public relations annually to keep us from freaking out.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    I keep thinking about all the weapons the US has put in the hands of foreign citizens over the years in the hopes they can liberate themselves from their own oppressive governments but our own government wants to take tamed down versions of the same weapons out of the hands of our own citizens?

Wasn't the reason we had to arm foreign freedom fighters because their own governments disarmed them?

I keep thinking about Syria and Egypt and what differences are there between these governments and the US?

Corruption? No we have plenty of that to go around.

As far as I can tell the biggest difference is the US spends $16 billion or so on public relations annually to keep us from freaking out.
    "Do as we say not as we do"