Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Federal Record attached to LTCF?

So a friend of mine, who for this purpose we will call Mr. Amish, picked up his LTCF recently. Mr. Amish successfully obtained his LTCF however he noted that something interesting happened.

Mr. Amish: I went in to pick up my LTCF after filing a mailed application and receiving my Yellow Card. When I went in and handed my identification to the lady at the desk she said, 'Oh, Speak of the devil.' and proceeded to show the deputy behind her who I was. After that she pulled out my application while I was grabbing a clipboard. She thumbed up the sheets I had mailed in and she said to the Deputy 'So I just remove these from the application and attach them to the state application right?' and the Deputy behind her nodded. Being the inquisitive bastard I am, I asked what that was that was attached to the app. She proceeded to say 'It looks like you have a federal record' and the Deputy joked 'But you have no idea right... Wasn't you. *laugh*'. I laughed with them in order to build repitoire, and proceeded to ask if I could see what it said. The lady at the desk looked back at the Deputy who was already shaking her head no. WTF?

I was only arrested once, as a child, and it wasn't even a felony, much less a federal crime. It WAS terroristic threat though. Could that have been what it was? I was 15 at the time, and I thought it was expunged.
    How could he go about finding out what was on that sheet?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Federal Record attached to LTCF?

FBI Record Check

Now, if you didn't have a federal record before, the act of checking your record will create one. For my next trick, I will divide by zero.

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

(Jefferson County)

Last I recall - misdemeanor and felony arrests and convictions end up in your federal NCIC "record".

My DUI, dispite being expunged from state records is still in the Fed's. Same for some minor other things from the past that are only state/local offenses.

At least 2 sets of prints were taken, one for state, one for feds.

A FBI check can be easily had by going to MrUgly's link.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Dauphin County)

wait asking about your own record gives you a record ???

also i am in the system being a CDL driver with haz-mat endorsements , had to be finger printed by the PSP. would that also be in the record ? l ike traffic violations, being that it is a CDL ?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrUgly View Post
    FBI Record Check

Now, if you didn't have a federal record before, the act of checking your record will create one. For my next trick, I will divide by zero.
    Checking to see if you have a record creates one?!?! That, my fellow Americans, is TERRIFYING.
    Pittsburgh, PA

I also am a huge metalhead. PM if you wanna talk music.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Last I recall - misdemeanor and felony arrests and convictions end up in your federal NCIC "record".

My DUI, dispite being expunged from state records is still in the Fed's. Same for some minor other things from the past that are only state/local offenses.

At least 2 sets of prints were taken, one for state, one for feds.

A FBI check can be easily had by going to MrUgly's link.
    Just curious. What is NCIC? How did you get state expungement, ARD, Court Order? or Gov Pardon, Court Order? Did FBI refuse Court Order to expunge?? Thanks.

You folks will love this.

RE: [Liaison] FBI Indentification Record Request - retainer of fingerprints‏
    Sent: Tue 11/20/07 11:15 AM
    To: @

Please restate your questions.
    I am not sure what kind of information you are seeking.

Thank you,

SRA
    Customer Service Group

-----Original Message-----
    [mailto:liaison-bounces@listserv.leo.gov] On Behalf Of @
    Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 10:48 PM
    To: do@leo.gov
    Subject: [Liaison] FBI Indentification Record Request - retainer of
    fingerprints

For any FBI Indentification Record request as follows:
    1) by an invidudual,
    2) where the individual, a citizen of the United States of America, requests

his/her FBI Indentification Record for personal use (to challenge
    information on record, or to satisfy some requirement) or for non-federal
    employment, and not with the military;

does the FBI retain fingerprints or other identifying records submitted for
    requests of these purposes?

Further, does the FBI database the fingerprints or other identifying
    information? Specifically, does the FBI database the submitted fingerprints

with the submitted other identifying information? Does the FBI database the

fingerprints with already-known information of the submittor? Does the FBI
    database the other identifying information with already-known information of

the submittor?

Is any of the information, provided for the request described above:
    A) available to any government agency?
    B) provided to only to government agencies serving justice-related
    functions?
    C) provided to third-parties contracted by the government or agents of the
    government?
    D) provided upon lawful order of the court?
    The question being asked was: for the purposes of identifying oneself as a record-seeker for the identifying data provided, is this data then databased, effectively creating a record for a person who otherwise would have no record? Who can then utilize the newly created information?

I don't know how the FBI/NCIC works, but if you request a background check on yourself from the PSP, you will be provided with more complete information, if available, as allowed by law (i.e. expungements).
    Last edited by pex; March 26th, 2008 at 09:03 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Just curious. What is NCIC? How did you get state expungement, ARD, Court Order? or Gov Pardon, Court Order? Did FBI refuse Court Order to expunge?? Thanks.
    NCIC is a national database of arrests and convictions. It also includes stolen or other reported weapon serial numbers, and stolen vehicle VIN.

For my DUI the DA, officer, magistrate, county judge and myself agreed on the placement into the program. It was required of myself to enter a plea of guilty to the DUI. State law provides for the ARD program for first time offenders. Its like a second chance program that once you complete your terms(probation, community service, alcohol classes, etc) the charges are dismissed or dropped and the record of the event is expunged either by court order or statutory provisions. You're not really convicted yet when placed on ARD - the charges are set aside until you either fail or complete the terms. If you fail to satisfactory complete the terms - your charges can be processed in the normal procedures involving a conviction and the statutory prescribed penalties. Not sure of the specifics deeper than that, been too many years since that happened.

Not sure why the FBI hasn't cleared the event. Some things take awhile for them to get around to it. You can have them revise their records if there is an error - but you'll need all sorts of proof like court documents.

Not sure about pardons.. never had to do that..
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

I recently read a book called "Arrest-Proof Yourself" by Dale C. Carson, an ex-police officer and now criminal lawyer in Florida. He outlines alot about the NCIS in the book, and in the book he writes that arrests will remain on the NCIS record permanently. Convictions will be expunged, removed, etc. Therefore, that's the reason you really, really, really don't want to gt arrested for anything, even if you're not guilty, because the arrest will always be there, but not the conviction. I'll try to scan some of the pages later today to clarify.
    Pittsburgh, PA

I also am a huge metalhead. PM if you wanna talk music.

(Lawrence County)

Might not be a good idea to post copyrighted pages of a book written by a lawyer, just a thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast