Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Where to buy ammo around here?

I'm looking to buy 9mm ammo for my new handgun, and possible some more 12ga 00 Buckshot for my shotgun. I've been to the Wyo Walmart and the Temple Walmart...latter was actually better stocked than the former.

I'm assuming Cabela's has a pretty good selection, though it's about a 30 minute drive, so I'm hoping to find something closer to Reading proper.

Any gun shops stick out any better than others? I've wondered if Dicks has handgun ammo...anyone know off the top of their head?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Where to buy ammo around here?

walmart? idk call around its hit or miss

(Berks County)

Dicks prices are pretty high. I usually like to go to Kerpers. They have a decent supply and can get what you you want normally. Another place to try is Encks Gun barn in lebanon. Its not to far and they have pretty good prices.

(Berks County)

Don't even bother going to Cableas. Unless you're shooting 9mm, forget it. They're pretty wiped out. Plus their prices are rather high anyway. if you want to venture out to Lebanon, try Shyda's Gun Shop as well. But Walmart will almost always have the best prices.

(Northampton County)

I rode out ot Cabelas on Thursday. Yes on Ammo 9mm, Yes on shotgun ammo.
    There a little pricey. But on Thursday they had a good slection of Ammo. They were stocking the shelfs.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cavscout09 View Post
    Another place to try is Encks Gun barn in lebanon. .
    I bought a 1911 there yesterday and the ammo situation wasn't too bad. Not enough to fill your safe, but I don't know the amounts you are after.

About half-an-hour drive. Near the entrance to Middlecreek Wildlife Sanctuary. Google them to find directions...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cavscout09 View Post
    Dicks prices are pretty high. I usually like to go to Kerpers. They have a decent supply and can get what you you want normally. Another place to try is Encks Gun barn in lebanon. Its not to far and they have pretty good prices.
    Dick's is really up to the individual. A number of us are boycotting them since they decided to stop selling modern sporting rifles. I won't condemn you if you buy from them but you'll never see me in there again.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Montgomery County)

I live in Montgomery County and All the Walmarts around here are out of Ammo. Today I asked the customer service to make an order and she responded that they are not going to make anymore orders and Walmart has decided not to stock anymore ammo until the new gun legislation decision comes out. wtf!!!
    i left my cart without doing any further shopping and decided not to buy anything from Walmart until they change their decision.

Now wat? should we Boycott Walmart too? I dont have any 7.62X39 ammo left with me and my Ak47 dont take BBs. None of the online sites have the kind of ammo I need.

(Berks County)

I try to wipe out wyomissing and temple wal mart when they get it in. The lady at temple told me that they get shipments in and start sticking at 8pm usually. Your best bet is try to go around then on any day they never know what they are getting but last Thursday night they had atleast 2000 rds of 9mm. Just keep checking!

Quote Originally Posted by gregarious119 View Post
    I'm looking to buy 9mm ammo for my new handgun, and possible some more 12ga 00 Buckshot for my shotgun. I've been to the Wyo Walmart and the Temple Walmart...latter was actually better stocked than the former.

I'm assuming Cabela's has a pretty good selection, though it's about a 30 minute drive, so I'm hoping to find something closer to Reading proper.

Any gun shops stick out any better than others? I've wondered if Dicks has handgun ammo...anyone know off the top of their head?
    On the facebook page of Superior Gunsmithing and Custom Shop in Robesonia, he says he has bulk 9mm ammo for sale. It is supposedly going fast. Here is the info

Superior Gunsmithing and Custom Shop
    15B North Robeson Street
    Robesonia, PA 19551
    610-693-6004
    Last edited by Keith A; January 24th, 2013 at 06:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast