Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Hk usp question

(Montgomery County)

Default Hk usp question

Well i just put down money on a hk usp compact 45 stainless. This is my first hk and im a lefty, but the gun saftey/decocker is set up for a right handed shooter. I've researched and found out it is currently in the v1 configuration. I think i need the v2 configuration installed on the gun. So, do i need to just by a different safety/decocker lever, or do i need to buy additional internal parts for it to be installed? Or can this be even done in the first place? I know the parts are hard to find so if anyone has these parts or know someone who does please let me know. Thanks

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Hk usp question

Quote Originally Posted by DellRich89 View Post
    Well i just put down money on a hk usp compact 45 stainless. This is my first hk and im a lefty, but the gun saftey/decocker is set up for a right handed shooter. I've researched and found out it is currently in the v1 configuration. I think i need the v2 configuration installed on the gun. So, do i need to just by a different safety/decocker lever, or do i need to buy additional internal parts for it to be installed? Or can this be even done in the first place? I know the parts are hard to find so if anyone has these parts or know someone who does please let me know. Thanks
    AFAIK all you really need is the Ambi lever. HKs are fairly easy to work on as well:

(Luzerne County)